Options

Taking the ICND 640-822

NetAdmin84NetAdmin84 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys, I'm taking the ICND 640-822 this Friday. Any suggestions on some last minute topics I should hit on.

I'm really comfortable with Subnetting, VLSM, and Supernetting as well as the IOS and SDM. I think I'm also pretty good with my Routing Protocols. I would guess that my weakest area to be configuring WANs, but overall going into this exam I'm feeling pretty good.

I've never taken a CISCO exam before and was just looking for advice from people have have taken the exam (pass or fail), on what the majority of the questions refereed to, how much of the test was simulation, etc...

Thanks in advance! :D
Currently reading:

Cisco Press: CCNA Offical Exam Certification Library - Wendell Odom
Sybex: CCNA Study Guide - Todd Lammle
ExamCram: CCNA - Michael Valentine

Currently pursuing:

CCNA - CWNA - MCTS

Comments

• Options
    j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
    Good luck.

Being I haven't sat the exam yet the only thing I can recommend is to know everything that is listed on the exam blueprint (especially the configure items, those could be simulation questions).
    NetAdmin84 wrote: »
    I've never taken a CISCO exam before and was just looking for advice from people have have taken the exam (pass or fail), on what the majority of the questions refereed to, how much of the test was simulation, etc...

The number of questions pertaining to certain subjects or questions themselves cannot be discussed because it would be breaking the NDA.
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    I would take some practice tests and see where you are weak, then focus there (along with subnetting) for the next month or less now.

Good luck!
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you know how to do labs well from memory and know the commands that you need to know along with the output then I think you should be alright. Also if you know how things work then you should be okay. Take your time to read the question and answers and then figure out what the question is asking before you answer. Don't spend a lot of time thinking about things.

Check these sites out:
    Certification Exam Policies - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

Certification Exam Tutorial - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    NetAdmin84NetAdmin84 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input everyone! icon_cheers.gif We shall see what happens on Friday!
    Currently reading:

Cisco Press: CCNA Offical Exam Certification Library - Wendell Odom
    Sybex: CCNA Study Guide - Todd Lammle
    ExamCram: CCNA - Michael Valentine

Currently pursuing:

CCNA - CWNA - MCTS