Scheduled my test for June 22!

hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
Well, I'm finally going for my Network+.

I currently have A+ and Security+.

I'm still a little week in subnetting and cables, but I should be fine.

Comments

• elToritoelTorito Member Posts: 102
    Good luck with your exam.

Don't sweat subnetting too much. I had one question pertaining to subnetting, and it wasn't very complex at all. Going by the experiences of other people with this exam, you're not going to get more than 2-3 subnetting questions.

If you want a good explanation of subnetting, and if you can get your hands on a copy, try Wendell Odom's ICND1 guide. It's for the CCNA exam, but I found the subnetting explanation therein to be very good.
    WIP: CISSP, MCSE Server Infrastructure
    Casual reading:
    CCNP, Windows Sysinternals Administrator's Reference, Network Warrior

• JoshD779JoshD779 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hear ya on the cables. That was probably the most challenging objective for me to get down, too. Any subnetting questions you are likely to get on the Net+ will be pretty basic, though. Good Luck!
    WGU BS-IT Network Design and Management

Complete: EWB, LAC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1, WFV1, INC1, INT1, TEV1, TTV1, HVC1, HVT1, TNV1, CLC1, TSV1, LET1, TPV1, ORC1

Que:
    AKV1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, MGC1, SSC1, SST1, ABV1, AHV1, AIV1,BHV1, BIV1, TWA1, CPW3
  • showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JoshD779 wrote: »
    I hear ya on the cables. That was probably the most challenging objective for me to get down, too. Any subnetting questions you are likely to get on the Net+ will be pretty basic, though. Good Luck!

Josh, when you say cables, how in depth do you feel the Net+ goes into cables?

And do you mean, connector types, lengths etc?
  • hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    Well, I passed. I got a 775, not as great as I was hoping but still not bad.

There seemed to be a lot of questions I didn't know the answer to or ones that seemed like they had multiple correct answers. I'm betting some of these are beta questions.

As for the book I used, I used Mike Meyers All-In-One Exam Guide 4th Edition and some of Professor Messer's videos (and for subnetting, I used this thread). Both turned out to be great resources.

And to answer the previous poster (without breaking the NDA), I did have questions on cable types. I would say know the major differences between them and you should be fine (length, connector type, speed, etc). Just think about the question when answering.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Congrats on the pass! Don't worry about the score too much, a pass is a pass! If anything, go back through and read about anything you didn't feel comfortable with before moving forward to your next cert.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63