Options

Wgu/ccent

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
For those of you who have taken the CCENT course at WGU, do they send you any physical books? I want a physical book, but not if they are going to send me one. I would like to buy the Sybex one. I will order it off of Amazon right now if anyone can give me a quick response.

thanks
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• Options
    drew726drew726 Member Posts: 237
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    For those of you who have taken the CCENT course at WGU, do they send you any physical books? I want a physical book, but not if they are going to send me one. I would like to buy the Sybex one. I will order it off of Amazon right now if anyone can give me a quick response.

thanks

No they don't, they only provide you with Labsim
    Completed Courses:
    SSC1, SST1, AXV1, TTV1, ABV1, TNV1, AHV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LUT1, GAC1, IWC1, INC1, HHT1, LAT1, QLT1, CLC1, IWT1 TPV1, INT1, TSV1, LET1, BOV1, AJV1, ORC1, MGC1, BRV1, AIV1, WFV1,
    TWA1, CPW2
    Incompleted Courses:
    nothing :)
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    drew726 wrote: »
    No they don't, they only provide you with Labsim

Also with the Labsim it is not split into ICND1 and ICND2. They suggest which sections you do for CCENT but even those suggestions are horribly inaccurate. Pick up the Odom book and read through it, find the corresponding sections in Labsim and follow those. Also if you can pick up CBT nuggets for this, it is highly worth it.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    drew726drew726 Member Posts: 237
    Hypntick wrote: »
    Also with the Labsim it is not split into ICND1 and ICND2. They suggest which sections you do for CCENT but even those suggestions are horribly inaccurate. Pick up the Odom book and read through it, find the corresponding sections in Labsim and follow those. Also if you can pick up CBT nuggets for this, it is highly worth it.

Yeah, I totally didnt bother with Labsim. I bought Todd Lammle's book though not Odom's. It seems okay so far. I never use the Labsims only because I can never seem to study from videos, it just goes right over my head. Only thing that sticks are reading.
    Completed Courses:
    SSC1, SST1, AXV1, TTV1, ABV1, TNV1, AHV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LUT1, GAC1, IWC1, INC1, HHT1, LAT1, QLT1, CLC1, IWT1 TPV1, INT1, TSV1, LET1, BOV1, AJV1, ORC1, MGC1, BRV1, AIV1, WFV1,
    TWA1, CPW2
    Incompleted Courses:
    nothing :)
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    I used the CBT Nuggets and Lammle's Sybex CCENT book. Passed with an 887 with just those two sources.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    just ordered Sybex
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark