Options

ISDN

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
Team,
With ISDN you have two B-channels at 64 Kilobits and one D channel for control information.
And while the Guide I have tells a-little bit about ISDN it does not tell me what Hardware it uses or wireing it uses. Example DOes IDSN use RJ-45,RJ-14 or some other type of connecter.
I did a GOOGLE search and I get tons of hits but everything is long winded. I am looking for some short explnations to my questions. I am sure there will not be many ISDN questions on the network plus Test but I want to be prepared.

mgmguy1
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• Options
    bluemasonbluemason Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey!

ISDN uses the RJ-45 connector...

I took my Network+ last week and I don't recall a single Q on connector types on it - but of course the exam varies so you may very well enounter one :)
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the link. I am studying it right now.
    A-lot people are saying don't even bother with studying ISDN B/C it's a dieying technologie. At my work we have a department that deals with ISDN equipment and we still get many orders for it every day.

Voice over IP will someday replace ISDN I am sure but for now I wanna make sure i don't miss anything for my test.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino