May as well go for the VCAP4-DCD ey ... even though I didn't want to

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
The design exams never really interested me and one of my end goals was to get the VCAP4-DCA .. Now we got the requirement to send someone to the Design Workshop and since I have multiple VCPs it was clear who they will send eventually.

Now I thought - "while I am at it" I may as well shoot for the DCD ... are there, apart from the obvious PDFs on vmware.com, more books which may help ?

I thought about

Amazon.com: VMware vSphere Design (9780470922026): Forbes Guthrie, Scott Lowe, Maish Saidel-Keesing: Books

and

Amazon.com: VMware vSphere 4.1 HA and DRS Technical deepdive (Volume 1) (9781456301446): Duncan Epping, Frank Denneman: Books

I am sure they are a good resources none the less, but I really want to have specifics at the moment because I don't want to spend too much time studying for it :)
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'll trade places with you!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I recently purchased the VMware vSphere Design and have been slowly going through it. I think it is good but as far a preparing you for the DCD exam I have no idea. Let us know how you do and good luck.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So far I am going through some of the required courses through the partner exchange. We are Service Partner but now we are shooting for the solution partner. Some of the mandatory online courses, especially sales ones, are a buzzword waste land icon_wink.gif

I had a quick look at the design exam demo (some flash jobby) and it does seem to be quite interesting. Only thing I am a bit scarred of are the 100+ questions especially due to the fact that all you really got is the blue print and the exam isn't cheap. Challenging, that is for sure.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    Some of the mandatory online courses, especially sales ones, are a buzzword waste land
    Oh god don't tell me you're doing those horrible VSP courses - especially the competitive marketing ones. :)
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    astorrs wrote: »
    Oh god don't tell me you're doing those horrible VSP courses - especially the competitive marketing ones. :)

Oh yea - did the VSP / VTSP ages ago, now going through that BS .. what a waste of time

29m3869.jpg