Options

Job Opening: network engineer

NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
I got a job offer today as a network engineer that i turned down. Its a school so if anybody here has CCNP. Feel free to message me. FIY they want CCNP.

Comments

• Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ahh man working for the school district are the best most laid back jobs in IT from what i heard. i applied for a similar position for a school district 2 years ago before i got my current job.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    I would've take it but I have a better job than working for a school district. lol
  • Options
    haha yeah agreed i just saw your linked in page. I would have done the same icon_smile.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Will they settle for Network+??
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    You guys like working for schools? Never actually worked for one before but have often gone in on a contract role for network upgrades. I think working for a school would sap the last remaining parts of my humanity...
  • Options
    qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    Working for schools has it's up and downs. Benefits are good but the rest of it sucks. Lmao.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Will they settle for Network+??
    only CCNP
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    only CCNP

I was just kidding.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    I would've take it but I have a better job than working for a school district. lol

Must be a beer company....lo icon_lol.gificon_cheers.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I was just kidding.
    lol its cool
    i didnt see the sarcasm part. :D
  • Options
    I dont work for a school district either, i passed up on it for my current job. I work in the finance industry as a network engineer. So we are heavy on compliance and security. Its fun i get my fair share of firewall day to day hands on.

Career wise it was obvious to choose my current job over any school district position. However you cannot beat the job environment of the school district. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    I work in a K-12. Benefits are not good unless you're in the teacher's union. Understandable pay is going to be lower than private industry and budget's are more controlled by government regulation. Pay in Midwest is especially bad.

However, I'm in a jack of all trades role and I have great opportunity to work with a vast degree of different technologies. I assume it'd be different in a larger corporation if you were just a building tech restricted to a helpdesk role but a network engineer would be a relatively low-stress role in school.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

On to VCAP!
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    chrisone wrote: »
    I dont work for a school district either, i passed up on it for my current job. I work in the finance industry as a network engineer. So we are heavy on compliance and security. Its fun i get my fair share of firewall day to day hands on.

Career wise it was obvious to choose my current job over any school district position. However you cannot beat the job environment of the school district. icon_lol.gif
    Kind of funny. I work for a school district and wouldn't want to take a job in the finance industry. There is a big one here that is hiring, but people who work there are on call 24/7/365, vacations included. Good benefits, but I don't think it's worth it.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    hahah funny. Well two things that lead me to my job were the chances of working with more security technologies and the pay was better.