Options

A+ certification process...

newbie12newbie12 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all, I need to take this A+ certification. I'm really new to this IT world.
Could you please show me what I need to do such as how to register to take this test, how long do I have to wait... A lot of recommendation on Mike Myers All-In-One guide should I buy this, is there any other self study guides that you can suggest?
Any advice will be really appreciated. Thank you all much

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    First, welcome!

The Mike Meyers All-In-One, fifth edition is the the one. But, I would recommend a second study guide just to make sure. Check them out on Amazon.com or at Bookpool.com.

Just go to comptia.com and read about it. Be sure and download the exam objectives from the site so that you can be sure you get everything covered.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I believe you'll find most of the answers to your questions about the exam at the Comptia site.

You can register for the test at vue.com or prometric.com

Some people like to use testing vouchers, they can save you a little money. I don't bother trying to get them any longer (very dumb icon_redface.gif ).

If you are new into IT as you mentioned (and not merely new to testing), then I'd suggest you get your hands on as much material as you can. Pick up a job at a computer shop, volunteer to shadow a more senior technician (if they will allow it). Get some older PC's (throw aways to most people) and troubleshoot them - nothing to lose if you break it.

Get as much experience/practice as you can before sitting for the exam. If you are still in school ask if your school has a cooperative education program and have your counselor help place you in a job that matches your goal.

:D
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?