Options

Google voice

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
I was checking out google voice today and I was thinking about using it for the phone that I'm using right now. I think that it has some useful features but there are somethings that I'm not sure about. I went to wikipedia and I read the restrictions for emergency calls. Well I'm not sure how that's going to affect me because I'm under someone elses contract. I do like the whole online voicemail thing though and I really don't care if they have access to it. Also I'm wondering if anyone could tell me their experiences with google voice.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I was checking out google voice today and I was thinking about using it for the phone that I'm using right now. I think that it has some useful features but there are somethings that I'm not sure about. I went to wikipedia and I read the restrictions for emergency calls. Well I'm not sure how that's going to affect me because I'm under someone elses contract. I do like the whole online voicemail thing though and I really don't care if they have access to it. Also I'm wondering if anyone could tell me their experiences with google voice.

I'm on VZ and have a Google Voice account that I just use as an alias. It takes my voicemail and everything. I like it alot. The voice-to-text transcription is not perfect, but how could it be? I like that I can set custom VM messages for specific numbers, etc. I'm sure I don't use most of the features they offer though.
  • Options
    shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I use it a lot. My main gripe I guess would be that I can't receive MMS messages to the GV number. Everything else works like a champ as far as I'm concerned.
    :study: