Options

Testing on 6/23

showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok, so I am finally going to take the N+. I won't lie, nervous, I was nervous on A+ as well, but scored 820, 840. I am been studying Mike Myers (which I only studied MM for A+) and CBT nuggets (not all of them, some I feel are pointless, because I have been in the networking side for the last 2 years).

I was taking the practice test on compTIA website and scored a 77%. I purchased the voucher and training CD from MM website and i score 96%+ on all 10 of those exams. I feel like I am ready!

For those of you that have passed, are there alot of questions on cabling and firewalls?

Oscar

Comments

• Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I remember questions on TIA 586A/B cabling but not firewalls. I did the previous version of the test but I doubt anything in depth about firewalls would be on the test - just know what one is and does. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    I remember questions on TIA 586A/B cabling but not firewalls. I did the previous version of the test but I doubt anything in depth about firewalls would be on the test - just know what one is and does. Good Luck!

Do you, or anyone, recall them testing on cable distances?
  • Options
    falcon62falcon62 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck on the test! I haven't scheduled a date to take it yet but I need to ASAP.
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    I took the exam today, and without giving away too much, this is my advice:

*Get some sleep tonight

*Make some simple flash cards to drill your port numbers, wireless speeds/frequencies/ranges, and any other numeric data you might have trouble recalling

*Most importantly, understand the troubleshooting process. I had way more scenario-based questions than I expected.

That said, just don't sweat it too much. What's done is done as far as studying. I'm sure that you're prepared, just spend the day relaxing and fill in the last few corners of your knowledge.

Good luck,
    Adam
  • Options
    I took the exam today, and without giving away too much, this is my advice:

*Get some sleep tonight

*Make some simple flash cards to drill your port numbers, wireless speeds/frequencies/ranges, and any other numeric data you might have trouble recalling

*Most importantly, understand the troubleshooting process. I had way more scenario-based questions than I expected.

That said, just don't sweat it too much. What's done is done as far as studying. I'm sure that you're prepared, just spend the day relaxing and fill in the last few corners of your knowledge.

Good luck,
    Adam

Thanks, right now and I doing all 10 of my MM practice tests. Scored 99 on the first two. So troubleshooting process eh? I shall re-read that chapter.
  • Options
    Ok, I am done studying. Been taking practice tests all day, and looking over MM's book and my notes. Time to chill out, watch a movie and hit the hay. Big test day tomorrow! Thanks all for your help, I will report back with good news!
  • Options
    hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    showbo wrote: »
    Ok, I am done studying. Been taking practice tests all day, and looking over MM's book and my notes. Time to chill out, watch a movie and hit the hay. Big test day tomorrow! Thanks all for your help, I will report back with good news!

You'll do fine. Just remember the questions are supposed to be logical. Confidence is a big thing, so just stay confident.

Good luck on the test and hope to see you pass!
  • Options
    fn157ffn157f Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys,

I did the N+ today must says if you don't make more attention it is easy to fail. these what they ask :-

Questions on TIA 586A/B cabling
    Testing on cable distances?
    Also questions regarding differents classes A,B,C,D.
    Identify addressing formats IPv4, 6 MAC addressing
    Common features of a firewall
    Methods of network access security
    Common security threats and mitigation techniques.
    Evaluate the network based on Configuration management documentations.
    Also they was a questions of which cabe use 9 pins :-

RJ-45
    RJ-11
    BNC
    RS-323
    If I rememeber it was thiat questions.
    Scored 700. BAD, maybe next time will get it. Good luck for those who will do the examens soon.
  • Options
    fn157f wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I did the N+ today must says if you don't make more attention it is easy to fail. these what they ask :-

RJ-45
    RJ-11
    BNC
    RS-323
    Scored 700. BAD, maybe next time will get it. Good luck for those who will do the examens soon.

RS-232 was the answer the that 9 pin question.

Scored an 802!!!!!! Done son!

Thanks for all the support and help! Great site.
  • Options
    fn157f wrote: »
    Hey guys,

RJ-45
    RJ-11
    BNC
    RS-323

You will get it next time, only 20 points off!
  • Options
    hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    showbo wrote: »
    RS-232 was the answer the that 9 pin question.

Scored an 802!!!!!! Done son!

Thanks for all the support and help! Great site.

Congrats on the pass!

What's next?
  • Options
    Congrats on the pass!

What's next?

Thanks! Feels great! As of now, I am not sure on what I want to pursue. Either get my Sec+ and/or Server+, or start working on my CCENT-CCNA.

I have already decided I want to go Cisco for my career path (Sorry Microsoft).
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass
    Decide what to be and go be it.