Happy Father's Day

Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
Happy Father's Day to all my fellow TE dads.

May all of us remember today that no test we'll ever face is more important or worthwhile to pass than that of being worthy of the title "Dad". Just wanted to encourage all of us (self very much included) to set aside studies and careers today to give our families some memories to hold on to after we're gone.

Hope you all have a great day.

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Excellent1 wrote: »
    Happy Father's Day to all my fellow TE dads.

May all of us remember today that no test we'll ever face is more important or worthwhile to pass than that of being worthy of the title "Dad". Just wanted to encourage all of us (self very much included) to set aside studies and careers today to give our families some memories to hold on to after we're gone.

Hope you all have a great day.

Thanks back at you!
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Excellent1 wrote: »
    give our families some memories to hold on to after we're gone.

While I'm not a dad, mine did pass away two years ago. He definitely did leave lots of good memories :).

On a side note, this thread may get deleted as it's not tech related O_O
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Had a pretty good Father's day, not so much lounging and relaxing but does it ever go that way when your kid(s) are little and you take them to see Grandma and Grandpa so Grandpa can see the grandkid(s) and get a Father's day gift?

I took the boy out fishing for his first time, aside from nearly hooking me a couple of times and a few times nearly chucking his pole into the lake he didn't do all too shabby for a nearly 4 year old. He managed to catch his very first fish and was thoroughly excited, though got a bit disappointed when I told him we couldn't take it home to put in our little 20 gallon aquarium with the other fish lol.

14ijy10.jpg
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Had a great one thanks. A card from my two sons, 3.5 years and 5 months. The guys see a lot more of me since I relaxed on my studies. No regrets about that at all.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    On a side note, this thread may get deleted as it's not tech related O_O
    Hey, we may be into cold tech here, but we're not that heartless!

And on that note, my youngest took me out to lunch he bought using his very first credit card. He's 20, so it may not seem like much, but we had a very good time at Home Town Buffet.
  • MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm not a father (still have some growing up to do before I take on that responsibility); but I still got a card from my nephews thanking me for spending time with them and spoiling them whenever we hang out.

Really made my day......icon_king.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.