Options

Remove SDM Express from 1841

PhilCPhilC Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm after a little help here please. One of my students has clicked the button to install SDM Express on an 1841. I've deleted all of the SDM files from flash, all that is left in flash is the IOS. When the router boots up it goes through the usual boot process then says that SDM Exp is installed with the "cisco" single-use login info then goes straight to privilege mode. How can I get rid of it all together? Do I need to TFTP in and overwrite the IOS with the orignal back-up copy or is there some other way?

Cheers,
Phil

Comments

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Did SDM maybe change the authentication method and has some odd config added which needs removing ?
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    I've no idea, possibly. All that is left in flash is the IOS so where might the 'odd config' be saved?

Just had a thought; If I back up the config from another router that doesn't have SDM on and restore it to the SDM router, that might get rid of it?
  • Options
    Problem now resolved. Quite a simple fix in the end...
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    PhilC wrote: »
    Problem now resolved. Quite a simple fix in the end...

Care to share ? Colleague just got the same problem on a 867 :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    Care to share ? Colleague just got the same problem on a 867 :)

My guess is:

no banner exec
    no banner login

icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    I'd done some DHCP server config exercises with some students, when they'd finished I did the usual

#write erase
    #reload

to get rid of the config that they had done and also got rid of the remnants of SDM as well. All back to normal, just annoyed with myself that I didn't think of that earlier...