Options

CompTIA Email: Networking Experts Needed

rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
Just received an email looking from CompTIA looking for Subject Matter Experts to help update the Network+ exam:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Networking Experts Needed

CompTIA is looking for IT professionals who have experience in networking to be involved in updating our CompTIA Network+ certification exam. Our subject matter experts (SMEs) validate the skills and knowledge required to be a successful IT networking professional. Applicants must have at least two years' experience working in the field of networking. It is preferred that SMEs are CompTIA Network+ certified.

In this "Cut Score" exam development workshop, the third of three workshops for the new version of Network+, subject matter experts will review beta exam results, rate the difficulty of items and help determine a passing score.

SMEs will receive a $300 per day stipend for the 5-day workshop, as well as meals provided during the 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. working days. Recognition for SMEs includes listing on the CompTIA website (pending full participation in the workshop). SMEs also have the satisfaction of getting to know and work with peers in the industry, and the knowledge that they've done something to benefit those who come after them.

When: July 18-22, 2011
Where: CompTIA Headquarters, Downers Grove, IL
Downers Grove is a western suburb of Chicago accessible by O'Hare and Midway airports.

Only professionals currently working in the IT networking field should apply. Although CompTIA appreciates interest from the training community, applications from trainers, authors, or individuals who may profit or materially benefit from knowledge of this CompTIA credential content are not eligible to participate. If you meet the qualifications and would like to participate, apply now.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you have questions about the application process, email examdev@comptia.org.

Thank you for your consideration,
Network+ product manager
[/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    yea i sent in my resume for it ... ya never know

if i do get to go it would look good on the resume
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd love to do this. A it would be fun and B $300 a day is a nice chunk of change. Basically a free vacation.

Unfortunately I can't get the time off of work icon_sad.gif
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I'd love to do this. A it would be fun and B $300 a day is a nice chunk of change. Basically a free vacation.

Unfortunately I can't get the time off of work icon_sad.gif
    free vacation or a 40 hour work week at a pay rate of $25 per hour (if you count $100 a day as a food and hotel per diem)
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Priston wrote: »
    free vacation or a 40 hour work week at a pay rate of $25 per hour (if you count $100 a day as a food and hotel per diem)

It would still be like a vacation. Take a week away from doing your normal thing. Stay in a hotel, get away from home, ect.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've done a couple of these before, they're actually kinda fun. It's something different to in a different environment.

The "Cut Score" sessions are the easiest.