Network Solutions Suffers DDoS Attack

XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
Here is an article regarding an attack that affected my company and alot of another comapnies. Apparently, Network Solutions on Monday apparently began suffering a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack that left its customers unable to access DNS servers, hosted websites, servers, or email accounts.

A distributed denial of service attack took down Network Solutions, severing access to DNS servers, websites, plus hosted servers and email accounts.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/security/attacks/231000095
LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

Comments

• jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Xcluziv wrote: »
    Here is an article regarding an attack that affected my company and alot of another comapnies. Apparently, Network Solutions on Monday apparently began suffering a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack that left its customers unable to access DNS servers, hosted websites, servers, or email accounts.

A distributed denial of service attack took down Network Solutions, severing access to DNS servers, websites, plus hosted servers and email accounts.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/security/attacks/231000095

This affected a lot of my company's clients. Our helpdesk was inundated with calls.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • unnamedplayerunnamedplayer Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ah...so that explains it. I had a call a couple minutes ago from a remote user who was having trouble get to one of our sites that is hosted by NetSol. I guess this explains it.
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm glad to hear that it was an outside attack instead of an internal problem kept users from reaching my Xen Gateway this morning! It's hard to be happy about DDoS but at least I can say "nerds on the internet wanted attention and shut down the website.

Really it just hosed up DNS but it was "down" to the users.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com