Options

Failed My 220-701

poszeoneposzeone Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
took my frist exam and got a 653 and passing score is 675. there was questions on stuff i never know. so its going to be awhile before i take it again.

Comments

• Options
    showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    poszeone wrote: »
    took my frist exam and got a 653 and passing score is 675. there was questions on stuff i never know. so its going to be awhile before i take it again.

What material did you use to study? I did work on computers for quite some time, but the only book I read was Mike Meyers All-in-one. Just keep at it, you will pass with ease next time around.
  • Options
    poszeoneposzeone Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i read the exam cram book.
    here at school i went through a 2 week class (back in march)
    a video course from axzopress (which maybe outdated)
    the measureup (which i got to take to get my exam vouchers).

so, i'm going to pick up the all in one book on the way home and maybe get the testout videos.

the way the questions were asked is what got me and all thw abbreviations.

i only studied for 2 mouths, i just though i was ready since i been on a computer for a long time but i can see i know software and not hardware. in other word i know windows but everything outside of that is ummm.

oh, this is the 1st time going to school that i am really trying to get it right. i am a high drop out and and no schooling since the 1980's (i'm 42)

question, even though i don't pass the 701 should i go and take the 702 anyways ?
  • Options
    showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't. The two tests I personally felt went hand-in-hand. Study the all in one book, and pass the 701. If you can pass the 701, your chances of passing the 702 sky rocket.

Just focus, and study the terminology.
  • Options
    AintRiteAintRite Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TestOut videos are great. That is what I used to pass mine 701/702. That along with Prof Messer free videos, and some CBT Nuggets mixed in with those. Videos suit me better because I get tired when I start reading..
    WGU - BS: IT Security...in progress
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    702 is a little harder than 701. At least, thats what I thought.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    AintRiteAintRite Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    702 is a little harder than 701. At least, thats what I thought.
    I would agree with you also.
    WGU - BS: IT Security...in progress
  • Options
    krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It was close. 22 points + for passing. Study harder for the next shot and you will achieve it. Good luck.