Options

Passed Network+ today

reppgoareppgoa Member Posts: 151
I was surprised how different the actual exam was from practice tests. I passed with a 823 and it took me 23 minutes out of the 1.5 hours I was allotted. I used Mike Meyers book from a recent networking class that I took, but I mainly used the Testout Labsim software along with Kaplan software Self Test Software. I found Testout labsim software to be invaluable in my studying. I crammed for about 4 days for this test. GL to all who go for it, you can do it! =)

Comments

• Options
    dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice! I'm may be taking mines this week also. What other Cert's are you trying out for next?
  • Options
    showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very nice! When you say different, you meant the test seemed easier than you thought? I am taking mine tomorrow, any advice before my big day?
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Congrats on the pass! There is no high like getting to the end of the exam and seeing the pass.
  • Options
    I am taking Security+ in the next month or so, and then linux+ by the end of the year. I plan to have my RHCSA by this time next year. Company is paying for the two RH training classes. For advice on the exam, I would say go with your gut, statistics show that many times, your first answer is the right answer.
  • Options
    By different, I mean that nearly al of the questions on the actual exam were scenario based. There were very few "what is this" type questions, and one a single subnetting question.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63