Options

Best way to mount a 3750G

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
j0uw0o.jpg

Nuff said :)

Edit: wonder's who is spotting that it isn't actually a 3750G lol ...
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    that is pretty ghetto. I haven't seen anything quite that bad before, at least in a production environment.

Worst I've ever seen was a small credit union in the Atlantic north east. They had steam pipes literally running through server racks. They built the racks around the pipes and have servers above and below them. They also have zero HVAC in the room and site "being in the basement is cool enough all year."
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    that is pretty ghetto. I haven't seen anything quite that bad before, at least in a production environment.

5437074819_7ec119c369_b.jpg
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i must admit wtf!
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    That's my new wallpaper on my Windows server console. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I don't have a photo of it but I've come across something worse in a previous contracting job. Crazy long run of ethernet which exceeded the length limits so somebody "fixed" it by chopping the cable and putting in a switch. The SOHO grade switch was duct taped to the top of a ceiling tile with what appeared to be the entire roll of duct tape and it was powered via a roll up extension cord which was taped to the network cable.

Apparently it had been like that for years and nobody dared to mess with it. The rest of the network was fine however.
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    this thread is amazing, +1 for both pics. Well played
  • Options
    XantchaXantcha Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    After reading the title of the thread, my first answer was "from behind" but I see now that's not what you meant. icon_twisted.gif

Some of those server room pics are amazing. To think that there are guys there, doing that kind of stuff and calling themselves IT Professionals is just downright scary.
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That would look great in my portfolio!
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I Wish i had a pic of my old place.

one old rack had so many cables that when some one had come to replace the old 3com switchs, they had not been able to extract them though the mess. Instead they has simple installed the new Cisco and left the 3com hanging like flies caught in a spiders web. Not one but TWO!!!

In the end to get them out, I had to come in on the weekend, power down the network to the whole wing of the building, unpatch half the leads to get enough space to pull them free.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    I Wish i had a pic of my old place.

one old rack had so many cables that when some one had come to replace the old 3com switchs, they had not been able to extract them though the mess. Instead they has simple installed the new Cisco and left the 3com hanging like flies caught in a spiders web. Not one but TWO!!!

In the end to get them out, I had to come in on the weekend, power down the network to the whole wing of the building, unpatch half the leads to get enough space to pull them free.

In the old job, the phone cabinet looked something like this (just a google pic but it looked similar)

messydc-3.jpg

They didn't trust anyone to sort this mess out so they got a company in doing the re-cabling .. mainly for the reason to be able to fob the blame of really.
  • Options
    The Novell box on the upper left is clutch.
  • Options
    ZentraediZentraedi Member Posts: 150

I sent a somewhat serious sounding email to my network team saying their switch install was unacceptable and attached that pic.

It did not go over well. Head of networks was deeply offended and a bit upset with me. The other guys were like "No way, that wasn't me."
    icon_redface.gif

A bit strange considering those guys are always a bunch of jokers. icon_scratch.gif
    Current Study Track
    EMCCA, EMCCAe, EMCCE, VCIX-NV, Puppet Practitioner, ServiceNow
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm guessing that the piece of network cable holding that switch in place is also carrying data icon_smile.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    bertieb wrote: »
    I'm guessing that the piece of network cable holding that switch in place is also carrying data icon_smile.gif

Nope, was a broken cable to begin with .. But heh - that is an improvement .. It used to be hold by cage nuts boxes :)
  • Options
    Zentraedi wrote: »
    I sent a somewhat serious sounding email to my network team saying their switch install was unacceptable and attached that pic.

It did not go over well. Head of networks was deeply offended and a bit upset with me. The other guys were like "No way, that wasn't me."
    icon_redface.gif

A bit strange considering those guys are always a bunch of jokers. icon_scratch.gif

Sounds like someone is butt hurt. He probably put it in that way.
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I was recently in a LAN closet that was also a bathroom. You could sit on the toilet and reach the switch
  • Options
    GT-Rob wrote: »
    I was recently in a LAN closet that was also a bathroom. You could sit on the toilet and reach the switch

The "Pics or it didn't happen" phrase probably doesn't apply here. I'll take your word for it. :D
  • Options
    binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993

I thought hanging was replaced by lethal injection :)