Options

701 on monday

jammy87jammy87 Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Take my 701 on monday, studies have been all in one book Mike Myers, i have not read it page by page , mearley read the sections i was unsure about, professer messer videos, and i have years of experience building computers and currently working as a tech in schools, (Mainley software issures and OS Issues i come across)

Also i tend to take the Mike Myers exams tests that came with the book on the cd which i always get a high score

Just wondered is there another resource that i should check out or how well you think i will do on the test from the info above

Comments

• Options
    showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds alot like my study path. However, I read all the chapters regardless if I felt I knew it. You should be able to pass both exams in the same day (that's what I did). Come monday, we will see a 'I passed my 701' post from you!
  • Options
    Hope so, how close are the exams compared to the test exams on the mike myers cd, i keep rewatching the videos on pro messer and going over the chapters in the book i struggle with abit, i find it hard memorizing stuff like mm thickness of ports, how hard do they push you on specifics
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    jammy87 wrote: »
    Hope so, how close are the exams compared to the test exams on the mike myers cd, i keep rewatching the videos on pro messer and going over the chapters in the book i struggle with abit, i find it hard memorizing stuff like mm thickness of ports, how hard do they push you on specifics

I would recommend you download the objectives and review them. (maybe several times).

I also recommend you get some experience. Regardless, if you only have lab experience, you need to get your hands on actual products. Find some old equipment, or shop the used or recycled parts stores and assemble or at the very least (inspect) to learn more about it and get comfortable with it.

The terminology, the ports, the useage will make much more sense once you have experience (and this is why the exam is geared toward candidates WITH experience).

From your comments, you sound like you are trying too hard to learn something that has many moving parts to it, and frankly, you just need a bit more time...or maybe a mentor to shadow.

Stop taking practice tests.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    I deal with old computers dailey, upgrade them, open them , i am atually really used to them as there still tons of equipment in the schools where i work at which are so outdated, Hands on experience i think i got down

however i took your advice and printed off the objectives and ticking them off as i go along each section and right down key facts, this will make a nice revision sheet to look at before i go in, this objective sheet made me realise specific ares i need to learn more about, cheers dude
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Good!
    The objectives are a great place to start. This usually helps folks focus their study time on the areas they need to invest the most time.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    I passed my 701 with a score of 779icon_cheers.gif
    My study materials were professor messer videos only
    On my Objective sheet, i wrote a few facts on each objective that i learnt from the professor messer videos
    Although i must admit some of the stuff i learnt from my job as an IT Tech in schools

They mainley focused on wireless and trouble shooting the six steps

Some of the questions are very tricky where you think more than one answer is right

Also learn your memory and ports! Min OS Requirments, Reccomend and Max- I daint learn this got these wrong
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Congratulations on the pass!! What's next?
  • Options
    the 702 is next monday so after that i think il move on to the Network

from ther eil be looking at microsoft exams,

any one know any specific exams that will help me in my line of work,

i currently work at various primary schools as an it technician for a private IT Company

Many thanks
    J
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Sounds like a good plan! As far as what to take in the Microsoft realm, I believe most people nowadays are taking the 70-680 or 70-685 first (I can't speak to this personally; working down a different path right now). Good luck to you on the 702!
  • Options
    maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    702 passed as well with 850 icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    kamay44kamay44 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jammy87 wrote: »
    702 passed as well with 850 icon_cheers.gif
    Congrats!!! Any advice?? What was the hardest topic??
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    SamLea27SamLea27 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you! May not be as useful to you, but possibly to other readers, you requested to know of other places to help study and knowledgebuster was recommended to me at one time and now I am passing it along to others who may find it useful icon_thumright.gifhttp://www.knowledgebuster.com