Options

TrixBox VOIP

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Anyone here use this or have used it before? Boss is planning to buy for the company, but I had never heard of this solution before.

Comments

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    All I know is that we have a large customer using Trixbox in the UK for a callcenter which has its offices in India .. But that is all I know 'fraid ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Trixbox is great, but it takes knowledge to get it setup right and working fine, as with any asterisk based PBX. Also, as with any VoIP implementation, the quality of your voip is only as good and the quality of your network and bandwidth, so make sure they pay good attention to that.

Now Trixbox is just the PBX, you still need bandwidth and a SIP provider. Unless you go with Fonality, I think they both manage the PBX and provide the SIP trunks, but you could just run Trixbox on your own box and get your own SIP provider.
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    I set it up on a VM, it's pretty cool, very powerful. There's a free version of it. Only difference between free and paid versions is support. I believe there's training available for it too.