Options

CCIE justification on the Business Side

NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
I need help guys. I have to justify to my company why they should pay for my CCIE boot camp. I'm asking them to pay for it but my boss said, he needs me to justify it and give him a risk of "if i dont take the CCIE bootcamp" whats the impact to the business?

Thanks icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    I need help guys. I have to justify to my company why they should pay for my CCIE boot camp. I'm asking them to pay for it but my boss said, he needs me to justify it and give him a risk of "if i dont take the CCIE bootcamp" whats the impact to the business?

Thanks icon_thumright.gif

you can always start by saying how few there are. as well as saying that it really is the top cisco cert.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    good question from your boss

what it will give you is a good foundation to attempt to pass the CCIE lab if you follow it correclty

For your company if you are not in the business of being a partner that sales or offers cisco service its not much. You can learn everything you need by using the online documentation and just using the CCIE study material and asking questions on forums.

If you do work for a partner you boss wouldn't even be asking this question the check would have already been cut. More CCIE's more people will do business with your company.

One angle may be that you don't have to rely so much on consultant to do high level work as you have the talent in house to take care of it which will cut down on partner fee's if you use them.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related