Options

ITT Tech or ECPI??

2»

Comments

• Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    bproctor wrote: »
    Does anyone know how ECPI would transfer into a masters? I know all credit transfers depend on the school, but has anyone had any luck transferring or been shot down because they went to ECPI?

They have "agreements" to recognize credits with local CC/U (varies from place to place) and that's all but acceptance is at the discretion of the schools and is generally a given. If you have a valid and accredited/recognized lower-level degree, then you are eligible to enroll in Master's level graduate studies so that is your concern as ECPI does not offer any equivalent educational programs that apply to a Master's. In other words, you just need a lower-level degree from an educational institution recognized by the university you are hoping to get a Master's from.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    A $90K student loan will require $1k/month for 120 months under the standard repayment plan.

I think you are overrating the "hands-on" aspect. At the very least you are severely over pricing it. What kind of gear could you buy yourself for $1k a month to get hands-on with?

I would also be willing to bet, if you shopped around long enough, you could find a good online program that had student labs for you to remote into. So free lab + free education + transferrable credits if you want to get a Master's degree some day or if you decide ITT isn't for you after 2 semesters. Your experience with trying to transfer credits from non-RA schools should already be telling you something. You could be a college junior or senior right now if the credits you had were transferrable and one year away from a Bachelor's instead of four years. Actually it looks like DeVry has RA, so at least some of their credits could be transferable if you decided to go to UNC-Charlotte as an example.

1K per month would give you all the remote access you could stand with a warwinner remote rack for R&S/SP or Voice at the CCIE level. It's a thought.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    afcyung wrote: »
    CLEPs and DANTES are your friends. If you are in the guard its possible to go the education center on your installation and sign up for some tests. They should be free for you. Easy way to knock out some classes. 15 credits for my degree came from cleps.
    I would definitely recommend this for your Gen Ed requirements.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%