Almost passed!

themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
I got 815. BUT I made a grave error that cost me the extra 10 points I needed. On one of multiple question simulations I could not for the life of me figure out how to move from each question to the next and I hit the next button. Well I missed 4 of the questions and probably that would of gave me enough points to pass.

I'm waiting on a call to see if I can retake it due to that issue or if I have to get a new voucher. I got almost 100% on every area except the that pertained to that particular simulation so as soon as I can retake it I'm good to go.
Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013

Comments

• AD227529AD227529 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Tough break, but very close to passing. I always take the little practice test before the real exam starts, just to get my mind in the frame of test taking and to get use to how the exam is structured. Good luck on the re-test.
    CCNA, CCENT, A+, Net+, Security+
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah, the Simlets can get confusing -- even after you've done a few.

I "next buttoned" one during a CCSP exam. I thought, "Yes, I'm ready for the next Simlet Question" when the popup asked me if I was sure. icon_lol.gif

Since I still got a pretty good score and probably got a couple other questions wrong, I guess that a Simlet is at most 2 or 3 times the points of a regular question -- and might even be just the points of a regular question with partial credit.

You can check out the Certification Exam Tutorial -- and you can do the "Try Me" part just for the Simlet and skip the "easy ones."
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tough break. Also, when you are sitting the exam try doing the pre-exam simulation of the question types.

Aside from helping you calm down a bit before the exam, they give you samples of all the possible question types and how to navigate through them.

It is a good way to collect your thoughts. Good luck on the next go around.icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

I find that particular 'before the test starts' time is an excellent time to write out everything that I have stored in my head that I think might come in handy.

Sadly, for all that I wrote down, very little of it could actually be used (and I used the front and back of the board to write stuff down.)

Of course, still go through the exam tutorials. you don't want to get a question you could get right, but be unable to complete, due to not understanding the question format .... that would be tragic.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got 815. BUT I made a grave error that cost me the extra 10 points I needed. On one of multiple question simulations I could not for the life of me figure out how to move from each question to the next and I hit the next button. Well I missed 4 of the questions and probably that would of gave me enough points to pass.

I'm waiting on a call to see if I can retake it due to that issue or if I have to get a new voucher. I got almost 100% on every area except the that pertained to that particular simulation so as soon as I can retake it I'm good to go.

i done same mistake on icnd1 exam but passed with 899
    i think it must having lower marks

i pressed next button and urrrrrrr i left 4 questions
    i got very tensed due to these because it was just 1/2 hour gone
    then i started sweating(i cant describe that feeling very silly mistake i have ever done in my life which i want to avoid in icnd2 exam which is shedule for 5th july)
    i calmed down and started next question very carefully
    and i thought i am going to failed
    but after that screen appear ur passed with 899

really got hell out of my a--

i really frustrated on that day due to which i cant enjoy success of ccent
    after i got normal

really hell u cant see that 4 tab questions which are very small
    if u not see clearly

better luck next time
    i am very careful about these icnd2 exam
  • maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
    On one of multiple question simulations I could not for the life of me figure out how to move from each question to the next and I hit the next button.

The same thing happened to me when was sitting ICND1 exam, but I managed to scrape through with a pass.
  • ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    at least those 4 small icons should be big so we could see

as we though after press next button it will come
  • TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    Hell I did one of those 'hit next' on my tshoot exam. The crappy thing is you know exactly what you've done the millisecond you hit that button!