Salary Negotiation Tip & Tricks?

2»

Comments

• willanderson1111willanderson1111 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I went ahead and decided to go with the sys admin position for 57k. They would not negotiate and flat out say "take it or leave it". I am kind of bitter about it but it is what it is. Time to move onicon_rolleyes.gif
  • labheshlabhesh Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey hi I am one year exp in IT from india Currently 25K sal in India.Work in backup domain most.Is it good??? I am confused.I have EMC ISA and HP -UX admin Certs/whats future for me
  • EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    labhesh wrote: »
    Hey hi I am one year exp in IT from india Currently 25K sal in India.Work in backup domain most.Is it good??? I am confused.I have EMC ISA and HP -UX admin Certs/whats future for me

Maybe there's someone else from India around that can answer that... is that 25k USD? That might be good money in India. For some places in the US that would not be too bad for a first year entry level gig, as a lot of entry level IT jobs have fallen to that level.
  • Heny '06Heny '06 Member Posts: 107
    Correct me if I'm wrong here so you live in the DMV area, working as a system admin at the pentagon and only make 57K? If so, dude you need to hang in there for the least amount of time and bounce, that's Way to low for the area. Heck 5 dollars gas is here in some areas of the DMV, cost of living in this area is brutal.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    labhesh wrote: »
    The freshers job market in India varies geographically. I do know that attrition in some parts can be very high because the number of certain jobs is still growing. As I recall salary growth for freshers are actually very steep - year over year. There are probably some forums that are dedicated to freshers out there. Caveat - I am in US and my observation of the Indiajob market are based on working with people there. Good luck.
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    lol this kind of threads hurt...
    I have around 2+ish experience in IT
    1 yr of experience when I got hired as a Network admin, now I'm a Network+System Admin
    I work from DB, connections, ASA, tomcat, unix, IIS, winserver to weirder things like .xml editing, log4net, port tunnels and a bunch of stuff in between.
    I also occasionally do Market and Operation's job
    Basically a "JoAT"

I get paid 25k yrly.
    =_=
    I'm in PR, which is a territory of US. Lifestyle here is around medium-high compared to the 50 states
    since 90% of our consumes are imported and snowball taxes
    meh