Options

Starting on LPI 1

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Hey guys,

I just took a job where I'll be working mainly in a Linux shop. So I have decided to place my Cisco on hold while I round out my Linux skills.

So I am starting with LPI 1. Hopefully LPI 2 after that then into RedHat certs. Hoping for LPI 1 and 2 before the end of the year. Reasonable?

I was thinking the Sybex book for general information and Q&A.
Amazon.com: LPIC-1: Linux Professional Institute Certification Study Guide: (Exams 101 and 102) (9780470404836): Roderick W. Smith: Books

and the RedHat lab guide
Amazon.com: Hands-on Guide to the Red Hat® Exams: RHCSA™ and RHCE® Cert Guide and Lab Manual (Certification Guide) (9780321767950): Damian Tommasino: Books

and the LPI Certification videos from vtc.com

I already did the Comptia Linux+ prior to the merging of exam with LPI so I think I have a good start. Just wondering if someone would recommend a better book or have any thoughts on a learning plan?
-Daniel

Comments

• Options
    AceRimmerAceRimmer Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, since you already have some Linux exposure you could also go directly for the RHCSA.
    It is overlapping with LPIC-1 and LPIC-2 to some extent, so why not go for more recognized certification.
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    I would do the same that AceRimmer suggested. Go straight for rhcsa. If of course you intend to stay in the sysadmin field.