Options

Well Known Ports

ncweidnerncweidner Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have just about everything down for the NET+, I am going over all the ports. When I search the web on Well Know Ports I get A LOT! I know like the basic 7-10. Where can I find a list of Ports that I need to put in to memory for the future use and for the NET+?
Working on 70-270 (MCSA 2003)

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif How about here: www.techexams.net/coexams.shtml ;)

Not that we do not like new posts, but you might want to try a search first:
    Here's a post with some related info:
    www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=211
    and here some more:
    www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=373

Good luck!
  • Options
    domsveddomsved Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear,

You can find from port 7- 9553 in your pc !
    I run Windows2k Svr that I can find those port in

c:winntsvr\system32\drivers\etc and file name is SERVIA.
  • Options
    SERVIA? icon_confused.gif Is that a Spanish server domsved?

Typically ;), the file's name is services

But than, again... that's a rather complete list, you really don't want to memorize them all for the Net+ exam ;)
  • Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    i learned the well known ports from the free quiz that this site has. i printed the study guide at the last page and then wrote them on flash cards and belive me that was more than enogh for the ports for the N+
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    yes. the port quiz on this site is cool ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    WyldstarWyldstar Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Here's a fairly complete list. All the important ones are kinda highlited by the URLs. =)

http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/protocol/ip/ports00000.htm

- WS
  • Options
    ghaouf wrote:
    i learned the well known ports from the free quiz that this site has. i printed the study guide at the last page and then wrote them on flash cards and belive me that was more than enogh for the ports for the N+

I'll be creating one for the Security+ exam soon, which will contain a couple of more.
  • Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    is the program that you use to creat these practice exams called hot potato or something like that icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    Hot potato, I know that one icon_lol.gif

No, our test engine is a php script exclusively developed for TechExams.Net that was actually quite an investement. It is a more advanced and faster version of the one mcsedriller.com used, and certyourself.com still does.

I hope to have it updated/extended this year so users will be able to choose an X number of questions from a pool, display questions randomly and preferably random answers as well, and a more functional review page at the end of the exam, with perhaps a real score bar.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    Webmaster wrote:

I hope to have it updated/extended this year so users will be able to choose an X number of questions from a pool

that sounds great. i remember only wanting to take a ten question test and being forced to take the complete test. i felt like i was getting a drilling ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    FR29FR29 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster; If you do that, it will be an awesome site to study from! :D
    She don't come, and I don't follow.
  • Options
    I agree it would be quite an improvement. I'm hoping to close a couple of good deals with some advertisers next week, and I think I might be able to have the engine updated a bit sooner then. I will see if I can find an affordable PHP developer thru www.elance.com (<--great site btw...) to make the adjustements... I'll keep you posted.

BellBoy... any PHP skills yet? icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    I'm currently 'negotiating' with several developers about expanding the test engine's functionality:

- randomized questions (optional through check box)
    - The correct answer(s) on the **** Popup and the popup opened by clicking a question on the review page will be green text.
    - Users will be able to select a predefined amounts of questions from the complete question pool using a drop-down box with values 10,20,30, All (or 10,20,30,40,50,All) depending on how many questions there are in the pool.

And some background issues that won't change the way it looks or functions.

I hope to have it in place within two weeks or less... icon_rolleyes.gif but I'm not 100% sure yet it will work out so it might be longer...

Johan