Options

Taking Network+ June 30

MLind13MLind13 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have my Network+ exam scheduled for Thursday and i'm not feeling great about it. I blew through A+ and Sec+ but I can't get comfortable on some aspects of this exam.

I know there are things you can say about the exam but is Subnetting a big part because that seems to be my Kryptonite at the moment.

I seem to have the OSI model down and cabling pretty well handled.

Comments

• Options
    PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    It is completely random, however I spent a boatload of time getting subnetting down and I had only ONE question that had even a small bit to do with the topic. i do feel i did kind of waste all the time i put into covering it. I cant speak for what your test will have on it, but I would imagine it is still a relatively small portion.
  • Options
    hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    I took my Network+ exam on June 22 and without going into specifics, I had like one question over subnetting and it wasn't very difficult either.
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    As previously mentioned, I wouldn't sweat subnetting too much for Network+. If you are having problems with it, just search "subnetting" on YouTube; you will find a wealth of free videos, which may help drive the topic home for you. What I found helped me the most for this exam was making/using flash cards (cable lenths, WAN speeds, protocols, port #'s, etc.). Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck on exam!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    How did you do?
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup: