If anyone happens to have a spare Google+ invite....

Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
Help a brother out!

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    and if you have 2....
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • EuclidJonesEuclidJones Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Or even....three.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    do i hear a 4?
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Isn't 5 a magic number or something?
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    6?

But really... The only reason Google does invites is to create a wanting. Not saying it doesn't work, but a scam it is.
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    6?

But really... The only reason Google does invites is to create a wanting. Not saying it doesn't work, but a scam it is.

No, load testing is a valid reason for limiting participation, as many online game companies have found out the hard way. And given that Google is a household name, most folks would drop by at the announcement just to try it.

With that being said, you're correct in that there are obvious marketing benefits in creating a shortage to shore up demand for your product, and since Google is taking aim at Facebook, I highly doubt that's lost on them.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It seems you cannot issue invites at the mo. I'll send out the ones I get when I get them. My username @ gmail.com if you want to shoot me an email.

Edit: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2387896,00.asp
    As soon as they re-enable, I'll send some out...
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'd love to get my hands on an invite, if there are any to spare. Google+ looks interesting.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I can't stand Facebook, but alot of folks I know that feel similar have good things to say about Google+, so it piqued my curiosity.

This sealed it:

xkcd: Google+
    I managed to wrangle an invite. At the moment you can invite but only in a very roundabout way that involves adding someone as an email contact first, then adding them to a circle, then sending a message to that circle. Then the invitee goes to the google+ join page and they should be able to sign up.

Edit: At no point in this does the invitee get an email unless you personally send them a message saying they can sign up.
    I managed to wrangle an invite. At the moment you can invite but only in a very roundabout way that involves adding someone as an email contact first, then adding them to a circle, then sending a message to that circle. Then the invitee goes to the google+ join page and they should be able to sign up.

Edit: At no point in this does the invitee get an email unless you personally send them a message saying they can sign up.
    They appear to have plugged this in a patch recently. I've tried it with several people here already.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It does actually still work, as this is how a guy at work invited me. He invited me at around 4:30 PM and I didn't get anything in my email till 10:42 PM....just takes a little time lol
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So anyone have one they want to share?
    Send me a PM with your email address, I'll throw anyone who wants one an invite and instructions on how to get it working.
    From plus.google.com
    Already invited? We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    From plus.google.com

Already invited? We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon.
    About half the people I've invited have gotten in whereas the others are probably getting this message.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Shoot me a pm with your email address and I'll try to add some people.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've got invites. PM me if you want one.
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    It does actually still work, as this is how a guy at work invited me. He invited me at around 4:30 PM and I didn't get anything in my email till 10:42 PM....just takes a little time lol
    It said invites were disabled and would be re-enabled soon on my Google+ page. Currently the invite button is gone. I was able to invite at one time, the option is not even in my interface right now.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Currently the invite button is gone. I was able to invite at one time, the option is not even in my interface right now.
    Same here, but I just read an article that claims there's an easy method to invite anyone (add as contact to your gmail, then add to a circle, then share something with that circle and notify the circle members).
    Webmaster wrote: »
    Same here, but I just read an article that claims there's an easy method to invite anyone (add as contact to your gmail, then add to a circle, then share something with that circle and notify the circle members).
    I've tried that with a few people here and they did not get the message....
    Webmaster wrote: »
    Seems to have worked, eh?
    Seems to have worked, eh?
    Well, it worked for me yes, thanks :) and I got one out (to a gmail address of someone with an active Google account) - there seems to be a delay before the message are even send out.
    I just got an email notification that I was invited. When I try to log in I get the same message though.
    Tried again and got in. How do I add others? Just add them to a circle?
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Tried again and got in. How do I add others? Just add them to a circle?
    Yeah, by default it should show contacts from your Gmail, Android or other Google services if you use those already, below the Find and Invite tab in the Circles section. But you can add by email or name as well if you click one of the circles in the Circles section/page and choose "Add a new person".
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Google + Is amazing! I love it and I already added to my HTC Thunderbolt :) This will replace Facebook! At least for me it will.
  • Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    Still no invite email...
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
    I never actually received an email invite. If you've been added via the backdoor method you need to go to The Google+ Project and click Join.
  • Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    I never actually received an email invite. If you've been added via the backdoor method you need to go to The Google+ Project and click Join.

Nope that did not work either.
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014