F cisco!

tokhsstokhss Posts: 473Member
wtf is up with them taking so long to publish the damn books.

my cipt2 test is on the 18th.. so i started looking at the TVOICE material and found nothing, other than safari short cut which wont help like the damn rough cut.

they effen jumped the gun way to early between 6 and 8. publish the effn books already or for god sakes, plan accordingly to the revision. how the eff do they expect self learners to LEARN without the material?


F cisco for doing this bullcrap. looks like im gonna go with the short cuts until they release something at some time?!

only other thing i saw was taking a course that gives me access to the tvoice material.. but who the eff is going do to that when your at the steps of the last test?

really delaying me with my goals and keeping things on track.. i study when i can and to keep things sharp, and in memory, is a weekly process for me to study. waiting for a book or even a digital to be released without a date is bullshit.

Comments

  • shodownshodown Posts: 2,271Member
    tokhss wrote: »
    wtf is up with them taking so long to publish the damn books.

    my cipt2 test is on the 18th.. so i started looking at the TVOICE material and found nothing, other than safari short cut which wont help like the damn rough cut.

    they effen jumped the gun way to early between 6 and 8. publish the effn books already or for god sakes, plan accordingly to the revision. how the eff do they expect self learners to LEARN without the material?


    F cisco for doing this bullcrap. looks like im gonna go with the short cuts until they release something at some time?!

    only other thing i saw was taking a course that gives me access to the tvoice material.. but who the eff is going do to that when your at the steps of the last test?

    really delaying me with my goals and keeping things on track.. i study when i can and to keep things sharp, and in memory, is a weekly process for me to study. waiting for a book or even a digital to be released without a date is bullshit.



    There is a Troublesooting guide for free on cisco's web site for ver 8. Also you can bounce the SRND and ADMIN guide off the Exam blueprint. Yes I agree it will make study messy, but the majority of the answers for the exam questions are free on cisco's web site. Also people are saling there books to the new courses online.
    Currently Reading

    CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • pitviperpitviper CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT Posts: 1,376Member ■■■■■■■□□□
    LOL this is nothing new! There was zero official training material available when I sat TUC! Like sho said, just match the blueprint up to the SRND and old course material. Test changes are usually just slight revisions.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • tokhsstokhss Posts: 473Member
    gotcha.. i just had to vent..

    now, gotta ask another question lol.
  • TesseracTTesseracT Posts: 167Member
    Yeah they decided to change the ccda and ccdp exams on me. So I'm skipping them and going straight for the ccie.
  • skinsFan202skinsFan202 Posts: 87Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was real disappointed with Cisco and the new CIPT1 v8.0 test. I began studying for it using the new CIPT1 Rough cuts supplemented by my CUCM duties at work. I failed it the first time around and work ended up getting some room in the budget to allow me to take the official CIPT1 course. I was shocked when reading through the student guide of the official course. I remember seeing some of the CIPT1 test questions in the student guide almost verbatim. Needless to say I was able to pass shortly after the one week course. So I'm like wtf Cisco you mean to tell me I need to take one of those $3000 courses to have a legitimate shot at passing these new ccvp tests?? The rough cuts were useless
  • TurgonTurgon Posts: 6,313Banned
    I was real disappointed with Cisco and the new CIPT1 v8.0 test. I began studying for it using the new CIPT1 Rough cuts supplemented by my CUCM duties at work. I failed it the first time around and work ended up getting some room in the budget to allow me to take the official CIPT1 course. I was shocked when reading through the student guide of the official course. I remember seeing some of the CIPT1 test questions in the student guide almost verbatim. Needless to say I was able to pass shortly after the one week course. So I'm like wtf Cisco you mean to tell me I need to take one of those $3000 courses to have a legitimate shot at passing these new ccvp tests?? The rough cuts were useless

    It's not unusual for vendor courses to provide all the material you need to pass the tests, even so far as having answers to all the questions. Novell was the same, as is Checkpoint. You must always bare in mind that the vendors tend to develop exams that are for the benefit of direct employees, resellers or organisations who are prepared to pay for expensive training.
  • Chris_Chris_ Posts: 326Member
    Turgon wrote: »
    It's not unusual for vendor courses to provide all the material you need to pass the tests, even so far as having answers to all the questions. Novell was the same, as is Checkpoint. You must always bare in mind that the vendors tend to develop exams that are for the benefit of direct employees, resellers or organisations who are prepared to pay for expensive training.

    Does this mean that if we can stump up for official cisco courses that they are going to effectively **** the answers for us? Doesn't sound right to me!
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • networker050184networker050184 Posts: 11,962Mod Mod
    Chris_ wrote: »
    Does this mean that if we can stump up for official cisco courses that they are going to effectively **** the answers for us? Doesn't sound right to me!

    They don't **** the answers, but the questions are formulated from the course material. So its in your best interest to take the course.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • TurgonTurgon Posts: 6,313Banned
    Chris_ wrote: »
    Does this mean that if we can stump up for official cisco courses that they are going to effectively **** the answers for us? Doesn't sound right to me!

    Not exactly. I cant speak for Cisco but back in the day if you had the Novell course books or the Checkpoint course book you were golden for the test. Just cram the night before.
  • moss12moss12 Posts: 222Banned
    man take it wasy, no need to stress this much.
    its out of your control.

    calm down man geez!!!!
  • tokhsstokhss Posts: 473Member
    I am not sure what your position in life is right now but for me, time = $ .. we have a few internal openings that require ccvp and these positions are somewhat political to begin with.. so i can easily **** and pass the test but the last thing i ever do is walk into a job without some strong understanding of technology i am about to deploy and support. so, i have to wait, yes its out of my control but i can also vent in the meantime.
  • iVictoriVictor Posts: 45Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Normally, the course changes b/w 2 revisions are usually manageable with existing study resources, unless Cisco is revamping the entire exam.

    Nothing evil in ranting n venting it out. :)
    This is the Right Time
  • tokhsstokhss Posts: 473Member
    Well, there are some differences such as cryptography/encryption, as it was pulled from from cipt 2 8.0 .. nothing crazy from what i am seeing but i have yet to really go though any TVOICE material...

    what i have done is go through the cipt2 6.0 material, then i started reading all the cipt2 8.0 material.. some interesting differences specifically SAF/CCD which is major to me.

    either way.. yes, will find out shortly about tvoice differences.
Sign In or Register to comment.