Happy Independence Day America!

powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
Go pickup your books, watch the History channel or checkout Wikipedia to get more background that is taught in our schools.

To the British, we carry on what was one in the Glorious Revolution of 1688 and we stand with you.

If you are a student of history, I suggest doing a compare/contract of the American and French revolutions. It is quite amazing. The Khan Academy has a lot of information on the French Revolution. Once you do that, perhaps pickup George Orwell's Animal Farm and give it a quick read. Finally, find information on the Glorious Revolution of 1688 (in Britain) and see where you can find the ties that bind us together.

Long live liberty!
2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    powerfool wrote: »
    Go pickup your books, watch the History channel or checkout Wikipedia to get more background that is taught in our schools.

And blow things up!

Happy 4th of July TE
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    Fun Facts:

Independence Day was actually voted on and approved July 2. John Adams wrote home to his wife saying that July 2 would forever be celebrated as Independence Day. The official signing ceremony wasnt until August 2nd :)
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Happy 4th! icon_cheers.gif

I live in a state where nearly anything that goes boom is legal.icon_thumright.gif

Where to Get the Best Fireworks in America
    Happy 4th! icon_cheers.gif

I live in a state where nearly anything that goes boom is legal.icon_thumright.gif

Where to Get the Best Fireworks in America

Fireworks are not allowed where I live...at all icon_sad.gif. County ordinance. We just moved up here about 7-8 months ago because I got tired of commuting. So, we just go to my wife's family's which is about an hour down the highway where we used to live.
  • Sahil AroraSahil Arora Banned Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Happy Independence Day to U.S.A.
    BTW Our India got freed on August 15,,,,,,,,,,,,,;)
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Happy 4th of July TE!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    qcomer wrote: »
    Fireworks are not allowed where I live...at all icon_sad.gif. County ordinance. We just moved up here about 7-8 months ago because I got tired of commuting. So, we just go to my wife's family's which is about an hour down the highway where we used to live.
    You mean you didn't know rules were made to be broken? :D
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
    You would get caught super easy. Cops patrolling like crazy. Plus, something would probably catch fire haha. I live in a mountain city and its super hot, 100 plus, and dry and nowhere within 50 miles to buy fireworks - my wife's family lives 55 miles so its just a easy haha.

All of my wife's family live on the same block. Lots of fireworks and food :). Plus everyone we know live there.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    Here in SoCal, I think the only legal firework displays are the ones at Disneyland and over stadiums, lakes, and the Pacific ocean. Because of the fire hazzard, it's difficult to imagine even firecrackers being allowed anymore. I have no idea where all of these Piccolo Petes, M-80s, and ground-blooming flowers are coming from this year, but I have a good idea (gotta check what language is on the newspapers they are made out of).
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 934 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Happy 4th of July : )
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
    @jfmurray - is it even a question? Mexico. I'm from cali too. Everything comes from Mexico lol
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    qcomer wrote: »
    @jfmurray - is it even a question? Mexico. I'm from cali too. Everything comes from Mexico lol
    I wasn't gonna come right out and say that, but after talking with a few people who did know somebody who went down to Mexico and bought illegal fireworks, that's the most likely source. There's also a lot of cheap and unsafe fireworks coming out of China, too, but I don't know how common they are over here.

And the fireworks show I saw down in the Laguna Niguel area was unbelievable. Just when you think they can't possibly come up with more firework designs, behaviors, and colors you see something new.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Here in SoCal, I think the only legal firework displays are the ones at Disneyland and over stadiums, lakes, and the Pacific ocean. Because of the fire hazzard, it's difficult to imagine even firecrackers being allowed anymore. I have no idea where all of these Piccolo Petes, M-80s, and ground-blooming flowers are coming from this year, but I have a good idea (gotta check what language is on the newspapers they are made out of).

Here we just go over to Wisconsin, they have all the good stuff.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • tru504187211tru504187211 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane: You must be a flatlander?? :)

I-94 has ALLL the stores!