CISSP & SSCP 2012 Update

Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hello All,

Just a quick note to notify you that the CISSP will be updated on January 1st 2012 and the SSCP will be updated February 1st 2012. I have linked to the latest Cacndidate Information Bulletins for both CISSP & SSCP.

If you are trying to squeeze either exam in before the change, good luck!

CISSP
https://www.isc2.org/CIB/CISSP-CIB.pdf - CISSP CIB (Jan 1st 2012)

SSCP
https://www.isc2.org/CIB/SSCP-CIB.pdf - SSCP CIB (Feb 1st 2012)

Comments

  • JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, EnCE, C|EH, CySA+, PenTest+, CASP+, Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 11,717 Admin
  • rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
    I recentlt brought all the study material but do not think I will get the exam done before the end of the year.

    Will the exam change alot in the update do people think?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, EnCE, C|EH, CySA+, PenTest+, CASP+, Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 11,717 Admin
    Typically, some existing exam questions will be retired and new ones added to the exam item pool. However, the real question is what new information will be added to the exam. This will be indicated by the 2012 CISSP Candidate Information Bulletin. The current and new CIB is a must-read for anyone taking the CISSP exam over the next year.
  • hai.rehamanhai.rehaman Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had a plan of taking the CISSP in March 2012. Now as it's getting updated I'm scared. I have already bought the required materials. Will there be a major changes in 2012 ?
  • WilliamnepWilliamnep Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi everyone,

    I don't know if I'm qualify for taking the SSCP exam, because I'm majoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering and it's my last year in college. Because it's hard to get a Engineering job in NYC, so I've been working in the IT desktop support level 2 for a year and half.


    Thanks
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I had a plan of taking the CISSP in March 2012. Now as it's getting updated I'm scared. I have already bought the required materials. Will there be a major changes in 2012 ?
    I looked at the CIB for CISSP and there seems to be very few changes between the 2009 and 2012 versions, it actually eased my mind a bit. CISSP is fairly mature at this stage so it would be unusual to see major changes to it. I reckon there is about 5% new content on the exam, just looking at the CIB that is.

    I may be interested in sitting this early next year so am interested in the changes myself but having looked at the CIB I think it will be a little while before the All-in-one 6th edition comes out. If I focus on getting the rest of the mature content down then I think it's still doable with the AIO 5th edition.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, EnCE, C|EH, CySA+, PenTest+, CASP+, Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 11,717 Admin
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    I think it will be a little while before the All-in-one 6th edition comes out. If I focus on getting the rest of the mature content down then I think it's still doable with the AIO 5th edition.
    Your best bet for comprehensive study information for the upcoming release of the CISSP exam is with the Official (ISC)2 Study Guide from (ISC)2 and Auerbach. The Harris books are just a guess at what are the topics covered by the CISSP (and SSCP) exams. Her researchers/writers have no connection or special insight into the (ISC)2. Therefore, I wouldn't rely on AIO6 giving you any more help on the new CISSP exam than you can already get with AIO5.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, EnCE, C|EH, CySA+, PenTest+, CASP+, Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 11,717 Admin
    Williamnep wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm qualify for taking the SSCP exam, because I'm majoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering and it's my last year in college. Because it's hard to get a Engineering job in NYC, so I've been working in the IT desktop support level 2 for a year and half.
    You need (at least) one year of professional work experience in (at least) one SSCP CBK domain. Your 2.5 years of Help Desk probably covers the Access Control and Security Operations and Administration domains.
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Your best bet for comprehensive study information for the upcoming release of the CISSP exam is with the Official (ISC)2 Study Guide from (ISC)2 and Auerbach. The Harris books are just a guess at what are the topics covered by the CISSP (and SSCP) exams. Her researchers/writers have no connection or special insight into the (ISC)2. Therefore, I wouldn't rely on AIO6 giving you any more help on the new CISSP exam than you can already get with AIO5.
    Thanks for the info JD. Could you point me in the direction of the new Official CISSP book release info? All I can find is the second edition which was released in 2010 which won't cover the new updates.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, EnCE, C|EH, CySA+, PenTest+, CASP+, Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 11,717 Admin
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    Thanks for the info JD. Could you point me in the direction of the new Official CISSP book release info? All I can find is the second edition which was released in 2010 which won't cover the new updates.
    That book will cover the new updates. They've probably been working on the CISSP exam revision for over a year, and what book do you think they used as a primary source of exam item reference material? (Just my speculation...)
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    That book will cover the new updates. They've probably been working on the CISSP exam revision for over a year, and what book do you think they used as a primary source of exam item reference material? (Just my speculation...)
    Ah right, cool. Will check it out also... I see cloud computing has been added to 2 domains so that'll be one I'll have to catch up with also.
Sign In or Register to comment.