Passed ICND1!

stigmatastigmata Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Read through Todd Lammle's ICND1 book and also took the Boson ExSim-Max Practice exams which reflected to real exam very well. Also built my own lab at home, so got plenty of lab time in.

Many thanks to everyone who helped me on these forums with any questions that I had! Now on to ICND2! icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats. I am set to take it on 7-14. Glad to hear the pratice test was decent. I am using the one with the Odom book.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • zepposzeppos Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. I passed my ICND1 exam a few days ago as well. I can't see what all this fuss is about. I had 120minutes for the test but it took me only 20-25 minutes to answer all 50 questions. I passed with a score of 970+ (probably did 2 mistakes, one was an ambivalent question about wifi and the other mistake I haven't figured out yet, I was sure I did 100%!)

Off to ICND2 now! Good studying to all of us.
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    zeppos wrote: »
    Congratulations. I passed my ICND1 exam a few days ago as well. I can't see what all this fuss is about. I had 120minutes for the test but it took me only 20-25 minutes to answer all 50 questions. I passed with a score of 970+ (probably did 2 mistakes, one was an ambivalent question about wifi and the other mistake I haven't figured out yet, I was sure I did 100%!)

Off to ICND2 now! Good studying to all of us.

Some people, myself included don't have much Cisco Experience and or practical networking experience which can make this exam difficult. I know it is not crazy hard, but please don't try to make it seem like a cake walk.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Some people, myself included don't have much Cisco Experience and or practical networking experience which can make this exam difficult. I know it is not crazy hard, but please don't try to make it seem like a cake walk.

Congrats to you both! The difficulty of any exam is related to many factors, not the least of which is your experience level going into it.

You have every reason to be proud of your accomplishment!icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

• GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man just finished my icnd1 exam today I got a 925. This was my second time taking it, lol. I failed by 5 points the first time. good luck on icnd2.
    In pursuit of CCNA:SECURITY; CCNP; THEN MCSE
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats to all who passed. Nice work.

icon_thumright.gif
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Congrats, the exam comes easy to some, hard to others - the people who work the hardest and study in depth will usually have the best retention of knowledge for the future - and that's what's really important, not a test.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • auosauos Member Posts: 186
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Congrats!!!

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP
  • THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. You also answered my question, thanks!
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!!! I take my ICND1 7-8-11.

I hope that all of the kharma of successful passing in this thread will pass on to me. :D