Options

Best book

NickDogNickDog Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all!

So a short post. I know there are threads out there on this but I am looking for the best current book to study with. I know the MS Press book is poorly reviewed but it supposedly was reprinted with all of the errata. Any info would help.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    Actually the MS Press book with the updates was a pretty good resource and the CD that comes with it has some very good practice questions.

I would still recommend the Poulton book to use for this exam. It is a better book than the MS Press book, but if you can afford it then I would recommend both books.

Many people have recommended the Darril Gibson book, but I was not that impressed with his 685/686 book as a good resource for the 680 test. However, it was a must have for the 686 test.

Good luck.
  • Options
    NickDogNickDog Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Todd,

I am also using Labsim and a couple other resources. Knowing that, would the MS book be ok or would you still go with the other book?

Thanks!
  • Options
    parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    I at first used the Sybex book, but after failing the practice exams went out and bought the Poulton book as well. I like it much better, as it covers vastly different things in more detail. Working my way through that now, then hope to tackle the 70 680 exam soon.
  • Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    If I had only one book I would get the Poulton book. The MS Press book is okay, but the main value of the MS Press book is the CD and practice tests.
  • Options
    parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    Have you taken the exam? Were there things in the exam not covered by the Poulton book?