Options

Help desk interveiw-Is this a good sign?

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
I just had an interview for a help desk position, and I was wondering if it’s a good sign that I was able to meet the help desk staff personally? This didn’t happen at any other interviews I have had at other companies. I even got to see the help desk department, and the hiring manager explained to me some of the processes and what they do. Also, I got to meet the IT manager, and a few other staff members that contribute to the IT department and to the Help desk department….I even got to meet the IT manager!!! I’m just hoping I can land this job I have been looking for an IT job since December 2010.

Note-The hiring manager towards the end didn’t say to much on the next step, but he did say he had a few more interviews to do. I hope I can get this job!!

Oh yeah I'm sending a Thank you letter.

I think this a good sign, I just need some reassurance.
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    It was either standard protocol for their interviewing process, or they like you. I would venture to say that you did alright. Since they showed you around I'll bet you are being considered. If showing people around is standard protocol, they probably also have an option to just say thanks and c-ya without the walk through if you're a no go.

Good luck!
  • Options
    LoMoLoMo Banned Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    At some places that's the status quo. They have you meet with other people on the help desk so they can see how you would fit in. Good luck though, hope you nailed it.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    LucasMN wrote: »
    It was either standard protocol for their interviewing process, or they like you. I would venture to say that you did alright. Since they showed you around I'll bet you are being considered. If showing people around is standard protocol, they probably also have an option to just say thanks and c-ya without the walk through if you're a no go.

Good luck!

Agree. Most likely you are still in the run. This is what I used to do when interviewing help desk candidates IF I liked them. If I didn't see the candidate as a good fit I wouldn't show them around or have them meet IT personnel.