Options

LINUX+ CERTIFIED, BARELY

alpha_69alpha_69 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
IM NOW LINUX+ CERTIFIED AFTER I FAILED THE FIRST TIME. The first time I failed I got 635, just one question from passing and the second time I got 665. I think the hardware questions saved my butt. I'm already A+/Net+ so the experience from that helped me alot. I must have got 25 Hardware questions. These were simple ones too.I used the Linux+ guide to Linux Certifcation and Learnkey's Mike Meyers Linux+ DVD's. :) HERE COMES SECURITY+, THATS GOING TO BE A HARD AND CHALLENGING EXAM. NOTHING A LEGEND CANT DO icon_mad.gif

The timing of the exam couldnt be better when Comptia is going to change the exam objectives in July. Comptia is going to make it alot harder, and they say u should be a tech with 12 months of experience rather then six. I studied for the exam, and that only took me three weeks, I had no Linux experience at all. Prettyt Good!!! I love Linux, I have seen a Light not seen before!!!
"ONCE A LEGEND, ALWAYS A LEGEND" -VERY SMART MAN

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Welcome to the forums, and congrats on the Linux+ cert!

Good luck on Security+!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    DarklyWiseDarklyWise Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Congrats!

I plan on taking Linux+ at the end of the month... (as a matter of fact, just installing freebsd on another box as I'm typing ). You had no probs and never used Linux b4.. nifty!

hehe Security+ should be a bit more of a challenge I suspect icon_smile.gif
    A being Darkly Wise and Rudely Great
  • Options
    alpha_69alpha_69 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    AS I HEARD!!! SECURITY+ IS GOING TO BE A KILLER. I HAVE SET MY OWN GOAL TO GET SECURITY+ CERTIFIED IN THREE WEEKS. I DID IT WITH LINUX, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN TWO WEEKS BUT I FAILED THE FIRST TIME!!! AS A SIDE NOTE I FIND LINUX+ LEANS TOO REDHAT!!!
    "ONCE A LEGEND, ALWAYS A LEGEND" -VERY SMART MAN
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□