Options

Passed 301

LeadSled1LeadSled1 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the test this morning and passed with a 883. I used Darril's book per the recommendations here and the new Sybex 301 book to try and get some insight on the new concepts (didn't have time to wait until Darril's new book came out due to work mandates). There were virtualization questions and cloud computing on the test as specified with the 301 info. I took Darril's tests until I got in the 90s and same with the virtual tests that come with the sybex CD.

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    LoMoLoMo Banned Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's a good look man, on to the next one.
  • Options
    kasimdkasimd Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is the 301 difficult than the 201? And did you study for most of the exam from only darril's book? (since it's for the 201 exam)
  • Options
    LeadSled1LeadSled1 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The difficulty level seems to be the same. There are added items for cloud, virtualization, some new virus/hacking terms etc. I primarily used Darril's book and then looked up the new sections in the other book. I then went through the terms in the new book and found some new items. I used the tests from both (Sybex is digital on the CD) and the practice tests here.
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Great job on the pass! Good to know that you used Gibson's book as part of your prep for the 301!
  • Options
    maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□