Configuring Windows Server® 2008 Active Directory®, Second Edition - Advice Please

StupporedStuppored Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-640): Configuring Windows Server® 2008 Active Directory®, Second Edition

I have the first edition of the above book. I am on: MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-640): Configuring Windows Server® 2008 Active Directory®, Second Edition - O'Reilly Media and I am considering purchasing it in the next hour to get some work done. Is it really necessary to have this edition to study for the 640?

Is it filled with typos and mistakes like the first edition? If it's not, I'll definately make purchase... but if it is, I don't like slow progression because the instructor doesn't know how to review and correct simple mistakes that cost more time and more of my money.

Comments

• VokseVokse Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you have the first edition, I feel like there's enough material online to learn/lab the R2 stuff.

Edit - I recently purchase the new Sybex R2 book that cover's the 640, 642, and 643 all in one. So far I'm liking it, only started going through the 640 stuff. It seems light on the actual lab exercises and light on the fine details, but it surely covers every topic that is listed in the Skills Measured outline.
  • StupporedStuppored Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I decided upon the purchase... just because of the added content that could fail me if I missed it when searching through other resources.

I google'd for a discount code... and found one - "4cast" that gives you immediate half price savings on the site in my original post. pretty wicked. makes me feel like i got a deal after not finding it on other free sources.
  • StupporedStuppored Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□