Options

Vouchers?

CenturionMarioCenturionMario Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
I plan on taking the 70-680 this week (either Wednesday or Thursday), and I wanted to know if there were "less expensive" vouchers out there. The price for the 70-680 is $150, and the only voucher that I saw was at $146.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Have you checked eBay? I've found some good deals in the past.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Check the voucher sites for early expiration vouchers. They are usually about $30-$40 cheaper, and almost always single shot.

US Canada for getcertified4less

Microsoft Certification Exam Voucher - Prometric / VUE Discount Exam Vouchers
  • Options
    XantchaXantcha Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Another vote here for getcertified4less.
    Fantastic service and usually one of the cheapest voucher re-sellers around.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would definitely check out eBay as well. I have got great discount vouchers in the past!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Alright, I purchased a voucher from Getcertified4less for $115, saved $35. There was a voucher on ebay for $99, but I wasn't sure if they shipped immediately or I had to wait a day or 2, and I didn't want to take any chances. Thanks for the suggestions, this site is great!
  • Options
    Shadly1Shadly1 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Alright, I purchased a voucher from Getcertified4less for $115, saved $35. There was a voucher on ebay for $99, but I wasn't sure if they shipped immediately or I had to wait a day or 2, and I didn't want to take any chances. Thanks for the suggestions, this site is great!
    Typically, ebay vouchers consist of an emailed voucher number. The ad should say what the time frame is. They usually stick to it because it means negative feedback if they don't.
  • Options
    I took the test (70-680) Thursday morning, and failed. I scored 484/1000. When I clicked the end button, I thought I scored around 600-low 700s range. I studied for 2 months, read Don Poulton's book, watched Professor Messer, took notes, labbed, and I still didn't come close. I admit, there were some questions where I never even saw in any of the books or videos. This exam makes the CompTIA exams look like a 1st grade assignment.

I don't like making excuses, and I know the areas where I need to improve on. Although I would like to take the test immediately again, there are some personal situations that I am going through that requires money, so I won't be able to take this test till maybe a month from now, maybe even longer than that.

I really wished that I passed this test, as there are help desk or desktop support positions that require a Microsoft certification, and it will raise my chances of getting hired. I've been looking for jobs for months now, and only 2 physical interviews to show for it.

I'll stop ranting... I'm just so pissed that I studied so hard and failed, and even if I do study for it, I won't have the money to take it, due to house repairs and other things that need attending to.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I read Darril Gibson's 70-685/686 book, and read some technet articles.
  • Options
    LAN_GuruLAN_Guru Member Posts: 119
    I took the test (70-680) Thursday morning, and failed. I scored 484/1000. When I clicked the end button, I thought I scored around 600-low 700s range. I studied for 2 months, read Don Poulton's book, watched Professor Messer, took notes, labbed, and I still didn't come close. I admit, there were some questions where I never even saw in any of the books or videos. This exam makes the CompTIA exams look like a 1st grade assignment.

That just sucks dude. Don't beat yourself up too bad over it. It is one b*tch of an exam. You'll get it next time. If you spent that much time and used that many resources, you are determined. I have confidence in you.
    9/1 - Citrix A18 :study:
    9/20 - Citrix A19, 10/4 - Citrix A24, 10/18 - Citrix A08, 11/1 - Citrix A15, 11/17 - Cisco 640-802, 12/1 - Cisco 642-813, 12/15 - Cisco 642-902, 12/30 - Cisco 642-832
  • Options
    KeithCKeithC Member Posts: 147
    After I failed the 70-680 I started a word document to list the exam objectives in order from lowest scored to greatest using my score report. I focused my studies heavily towards the top of the list which were deploying windows 7 & configuring access to resources. Maybe this technique will help you out also. Do not forget this was your first Microsoft exam on a challenging test. Next time you'll be better prepared!
  • Options
    KeithC and LAN_Guru: Thanks for the advice. I plan on doing just that (putting the topics I struggled with at the top), but as I posted before, it will be a while before I take the exam again.

Now that I have thought about it, I remember a saying that said that there was the "right way, wrong way, and the Microsoft way", some of the answers that I gave might have been the "right way", but not the "Microsoft way". While I'm sure it wouldn't have made me pass the whole test, it is definitely something I'll have on my mind. Every little thing counts.
  • Options
    jyrki.arpiainenjyrki.arpiainen Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    KeithC and LAN_Guru: Thanks for the advice. I plan on doing just that (putting the topics I struggled with at the top), but as I posted before, it will be a while before I take the exam again.

Now that I have thought about it, I remember a saying that said that there was the "right way, wrong way, and the Microsoft way", some of the answers that I gave might have been the "right way", but not the "Microsoft way". While I'm sure it wouldn't have made me pass the whole test, it is definitely something I'll have on my mind. Every little thing counts.

Well.. IMHO it's just good that this exams are not too easy. Then it means something when you pass it.

It feels better after hard work!
    And when you know that everybody can not do the same -whether they have job or not. :)

BTW. You didn't mention practice tests. I think they are one of the best tools to be prepared taking exam. I normally use those after i've read MS Press or another book about the topic. Then i prep myself with learning mode and read all those answers thoroughly.

I believe in karma and for that the hard work pays back one day, one way or another.

Good luck. And may the force be with you!
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Don't give up man! There are some bloody tricky certs out there! Let us know how the second go around goes! :)
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    LAN_GuruLAN_Guru Member Posts: 119
    <snip> I remember a saying that said that there was the "right way, wrong way, and the Microsoft way" <snip>

IMHO, there's the "Microsoft exam world" and the "Microsoft real-world". From my real-world experience, I have found Microsoft technologies to work extremely well overall. Microsoft products generally play well with other Microsoft products in the same sandbox. It's when you throw 3rd party technologies, applications, and drivers in there that things start breaking.
    9/1 - Citrix A18 :study:
    9/20 - Citrix A19, 10/4 - Citrix A24, 10/18 - Citrix A08, 11/1 - Citrix A15, 11/17 - Cisco 640-802, 12/1 - Cisco 642-813, 12/15 - Cisco 642-902, 12/30 - Cisco 642-832
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    LAN_Guru wrote: »
    <snip> I remember a saying that said that there was the "right way, wrong way, and the Microsoft way" <snip>

You gotta close out those </snips> man. It'll throw errors all day!

And yes, I just corrected fake syntax on a 3 year old post.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2