Options

Bit a luck today.

themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
I was browsing craiglist today and found an ad for an unpaid internship for a school district. Being that I'm unemployed I applied just to get experience. They called me right back and what then need help with is upgrading all their Cisco equipment, setting up ASA's at houses to allow VPN/VOIP to the school and bunch of other cool stuff. It'd just be 15-20 hours/week so not too bad. And while being unpaid, I'd get my hands on some pretty good Cisco Equipment and experience for my non-it resume. I should find out in less than 24 hours and I'd start next week. Hopefully I get it!
Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I hope you get it too!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    most school districts , at least in my area, end up hiring there interns
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was browsing craiglist today and found an ad for an unpaid internship for a school district. Being that I'm unemployed I applied just to get experience. They called me right back and what then need help with is upgrading all their Cisco equipment, setting up ASA's at houses to allow VPN/VOIP to the school and bunch of other cool stuff. It'd just be 15-20 hours/week so not too bad. And while being unpaid, I'd get my hands on some pretty good Cisco Equipment and experience for my non-it resume. I should find out in less than 24 hours and I'd start next week. Hopefully I get it!

I know you will get it!! Maybe you can pick up a Cisco cert, since you will be working with all those routers. Sounds like there is a lot to learn. Good luck and congrats!!
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    upgrading all their Cisco equipment, setting up ASA's at houses to allow VPN/VOIP to the school and bunch of other cool stuff
    That's a great experience and career-booster. Good luck!
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    Well no call back yet. I tried calling them but the number I have is just a general number. I emailed them though so hopefully they get back to me. Might have an interview tomorrow for a POS repair job but if I can get the internship I'll take that over that.
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well no call back yet. I tried calling them but the number I have is just a general number. I emailed them though so hopefully they get back to me. Might have an interview tomorrow for a POS repair job but if I can get the internship I'll take that over that.

Try this intership job I saw it the other day on the MN council of non profits job board
    good luck

Category: Intern Closing Date: open until filled
    Job Type: Part Time Salary: DOE

Primary Duties:

CommonBond Communities, a nationally recognized provider of affordable housing and
    support services for residents, is looking for a part time (20 hrs/wk) individual to work as an IT Intern in St. Paul, MN. The IT Intern learns and participates in process of inspection, set-up, installation, maintenance, problem diagnosis, and repair of computer hardware, and software installation. Assists in the support of computer problem solving and coordination with other Technology Technicians.

Job Details | Minnesota Council of Nonprofits

Good Luck!
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    Got the denial email today. Dang I can't even get a job if I offer to work for free. Not sure you could ask for more - 4 BS degree (almost), tons of entry level and a few upper level ones and the willing to work as much I can (for free). I'm bummed.
  • Options
    btlegacybtlegacy Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Keep trying. There will be a job that will pop up when you least expect it