Just Passed Security +

MT0911MT0911 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Yep, pretty happy. I just passed Security + (SY0-201). Got a fairly good score on it and I'm very pleased. Exam wasn't as bad as I expected. Going in I was nervous as I am usually, but after getting almost halfway through I started feeling better. I didn't necessarily need it, it was more of a certification that I just wanted the knowledge with. But overall I'm very glad I chose to get it :D.

Time to work on CCNA Wireless and CWNA now icon_thumright.gif.
CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+
Cisco: CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNA: Wireless
In Progress: CCNP

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!

What were your sources?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! What is next?
  • MT0911MT0911 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Congrats!

What were your sources?

Thanks, I used CBT Nuggets and the Sybex SY0-201 Review Book. And of course just experience from dealing with stuff at work. All that with reviewing everything multiple times seems to have worked out well! icon_thumright.gif
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Congrats! What is next?

Thanks :). I'm going to begin working on CCNA: Wireless and CWNA.

I'm planning to go along with CBT Nuggets again for the training video portion.
    For the reading/review portion, I'll probably just pick up the Cisco Official CCNA: W exam certification book, and for the CWNA; it looks like CWNP has some good deals on study packages + vouchers on their website.

I'm feeling pretty motivated right now as far as learning goes; I think mainly because of all the new things they are implementing now at my office. But of course that is a great thing! icon_thumright.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif

Thanks! icon_cheers.gif