Options

TSHOOT Tomorrow

Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
Finally managed to get the exam scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I don't know why this one isn't available much at short notice, maybe it's that the appointment time of 155 minutes is hard to slot in.

Anyway, I'm feeling really confident about this one and really looking forward to it. I haven't really done any specific prep for the troubleshooting part, just reviewed the IPv6 stuff as I've never really touched it in the real world. for the rest of it I'm hoping that my real world experience and recent ROUTE/SWITCH studies will be enough. Considering I'm a network support engineer, i would be quite embarrassed if I didn't ace this one!

I've also read the first couple of chapters of the TSHOOT OCG which covers the following blueprint items

- Develop a plan to monitor and manage a network
- Perform network monitoring using IOS tools
- Perform routine IOS device maintenance
- Isolate sub-optimal internetwork operation at the correctly defined OSI model layer

These objectives are a bit wooly and ambiguous, but essentially they suggest you should know the 'CISCO WAY'

I'm not used to the absence of a knot in the stomach before a cisco exam, perhaps the lack of nerves will be my downfall icon_neutral.gif This will be my 6th Cisco exam and I've yet to have a failure, the nerves and adrenaline have always got me through.

From speaking to others, time management may be the key to this one. Also I understand that you can abort the trouble tickets and move around them at your leisure, so may be able to get the easy one's out of the way first, or at least come back to any that I struggle with.

I'm going to watch Kevin Wallaces 'TSHOOT strategy videos' on you tube then run through the demo on Cisco Learning. Finally, review the topology diagrams so that I'm not spending too many minutes flipping between screens in the exam. That will be my prep done, then an early night I think.

Wish me luck
Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
:study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]

Comments

• Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I am sure that you will nail it.....
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
  • Options
    svo4dot6svo4dot6 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best advice I can give you is to take your time when looking over configs and you will be fine. I was worried about time going into the exam and finished with over an hour left...so there is plenty of time to double check everything before answering.
  • Options
    StrontyDogStrontyDog Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Know a little bit about everything. Spend less time looking at the running config and more looking at show commands that should tell you what things aren't working. Ping is your friend.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    And yeah, you can abort out of the ticket and move to another one. I did that a bunch of times early until I started getting into a groove.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%