Options

Just Passed 70-680!!!!

camaro684camaro684 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Man,.. That was a hard test, my brain still hurts!! I scored an 868/1000. Guess that is pretty good. Next is the 70-686.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! Definitely not an easy test. What resources did you use?
  • Options
    parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    What makes the test "hard" exactly?
  • Options
    pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    Congrats on the pass!
    What makes the test "hard" exactly?

The fact that there is quite a bit of tech you need to know about that isnt client related. There is a lot of stuff around Server 2008R2 you need to know.
  • Options
    Shadly1Shadly1 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SCORE!

I'm going to do the upgrade test before I tackle this sucker...
  • Options
    pzero wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!

The fact that there is quite a bit of tech you need to know about that isnt client related. There is a lot of stuff around Server 2008R2 you need to know.

Things like Branchechache and auto deployment and the like?

Is there any client only MS exam for those of us who use them in home or small office networks?
  • Options
    Is there any client only MS exam for those of us who use them in home or small office networks?
    All or nothing!
  • Options
    Ya, thats what I was afraid of. Problem is I haven't spent much time in an Enterprise enviornment, and none with Server 2008. If the questions are knowledge based like what does this or that do I should be ok, but from the sample questions I have seen they are going through actions, which would help a great deal if I have done them in real life.
  • Options
    pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    Things like Branchechache and auto deployment and the like?

Yes, and more. While you may not need to know how to setup/configure it, you do need to know how to recognise it and the requirements of it ie: Branchcahce Distributed or Branchcache Hosted.

Expect a bunch on deployment and the associated technologies around MDT, WDS, WIM, VHD etc.

Know how to recognise Powershell, netsh, bitlocker commands etc. There is a lot of stuff thats driven at the command line as well as the gui which can throw you by surprise.

The full list can be found here
    TS: Windows 7, Configuring

This one is not a walk in the park by any means.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    XantchaXantcha Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Congrats! Definitely not an easy test. What resources did you use?

there is just allot on deploying images and the tools used to deploy that image. Keep up on your dos commands with using sysprep, imagex, as well as others
  • Options
    pzero wrote: »
    Yes, and more. While you may not need to know how to setup/configure it, you do need to know how to recognise it and the requirements of it ie: Branchcahce Distributed or Branchcache Hosted.

Expect a bunch on deployment and the associated technologies around MDT, WDS, WIM, VHD etc.

Know how to recognise Powershell, netsh, bitlocker commands etc. There is a lot of stuff thats driven at the command line as well as the gui which can throw you by surprise.

The full list can be found here
    TS: Windows 7, Configuring

This one is not a walk in the park by any means.

Allot was situations and how you would handleed it. Troubleshoot.
  • Options
    Can you give me an example of a troubleshooting question?
  • Options
    Take a peek at some practice test questions. That should get you going.

I'm not sure what you're using to study but make sure you are using something to study!!! Your odds of passing a test are pretty low if you are solely relying on use knowledge. OS tests include all those little odds and ends that you'd otherwise never touch in real life.
  • Options
    Ya, I can't seem to find many practice questions. The ones I have found I'm not sure if they are really for 70 680.