Options

Gained major confidence in my boss today

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Our billing summary was in the 11th hour and I pulled it off while he was out of town. We had dozens of discrepancies and I negotiated with the customer to come up with a number we could both live with. It turned out to be a solid day. My boss who is as even keeled as they come was cheery on the phone. I also completed all my Lenovo training, so we can provide break fix service since we are transitioning away from Dell.

I just wanted to share my good day. He even made note that this was a huge win for me and it will lead to bigger and better things. I'm pretty pumped to be honest!

Anyway I hope the rest of my Techexam brethren had a solid day.

Comments

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    N2IT wrote: »
    Our billing summary was in the 11th hour and I pulled it off while he was out of town. We had dozens of discrepancies and I negotiated with the customer to come up with a number we could both live with. It turned out the be a solid day. My boss who is as even keeled as they come was cheery on the phone. I also completed all my Lenovo training, so we can provide break fix service since we are transitioning away from Dell.

I just wanted to share my good day. He even made note that this was a huge win for me and it will lead to bigger and better things. I'm pretty pumped to be honest!

I had a good day so far…
    I setup an interview today for this Thursday for a help desk position.
    The past few weeks I have been able to do one interview per week. Each interview that I complete helps build my up my confidence.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I woke up to panicked calls from one of our largest clients that we're also in the middle of a migration/virtualization project with. Multiple power failures had knocked out the DCs at corporate and the brand new DC we had just setup that night was not in production yet. It was a pretty easy fix but little fall outs from this have been trickling in all day. So in all it wasn't too bad of a day but it could've been more productive.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Those are the best days. Congrats.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    powerfool wrote: »
    Those are the best days. Congrats.

Thanks pf!
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thats what I'm talking about :) GJ.
  • Options
    Thats what I'm talking about :) GJ.

RS thanks my brother! Appreciate the good props.
  • Options
    Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nice work, man. Congratulations. It's hard to "know" someone from just the forum posts you read, but you seem to me to be someone that is paying your dues and are serious about improving yourself and learning all that you can. Good to see your work ethic is being rewarded.

I'm a firm believer that if you continue to do the right things, that'll be rewarded in one way or another. Hope things continue to go well for you.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    N2IT wrote: »
    Our billing summary was in the 11th hour and I pulled it off while he was out of town. We had dozens of discrepancies and I negotiated with the customer to come up with a number we could both live with. It turned out to be a solid day. My boss who is as even keeled as they come was cheery on the phone. I also completed all my Lenovo training, so we can provide break fix service since we are transitioning away from Dell.

Excellent news. A successful career depends on you getting results for your boss and your company as opposed to simply more qualifications.
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the kind words.

Don't be shy to let us know when you guys have an outstanding day!
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well done that man!

Good to see some good news :)
  • Options
    btlegacybtlegacy Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great job, I love those kinds of days