Options

CCNP today

joshbjoshb Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the TSHOOT exam today...with favorable results, 1000/1000. I'd have to say this was by far my favorite of the exams I've taken in this train. I started with the BCMSN, then the BCSI and waited until TSHOOT was available (didn't want to take 4 exams). I have to say that this was a good exam that tested whether you knew your stuff or not. I'd also have to say that with the score I recieved, it's fairly obvious that if you know the material...it's almost trivial to do VERY well on this exam. I appreciate Cisco trying to discourage brain dumpers with this type of exam. I used the Kevin Wallace exam prep material, but found my best study aid was labbing this thing up like 5 or 6 times...it was easy to spot many errors by knowing what I had to do to get it working. Also...the method of aborting the tickets and checking yourself on another ticket was a welcome change...it's the way the real world works. I'd also like to thank those of you whose posts assured me that this exam was tough, but fair...also, more realistic of the 3.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats on the top score and the cert!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Congrats fella, snap!
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Great job, Congrats!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Wow..great score! Congrats!
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    rtrefzrtrefz Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great job! i should have done more lab work for this. Oh well.
  • Options
    alan2308 wrote: »
    Congrats! What's next?
    I'm working on the Brocade Certified Network Engineer as they have a quick path if you have your CCNP...just a single exam. Then...probably the CCIP. Thanks all for the replies...nice to have people appreciate what these certs mean/require!
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with Brocade.icon_cheers.gif:)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! It's great see so many passes!
    Lab on!
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Well done man.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • Options
    416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job man!

May I ask, do you have any routing or switching work experience? How long did it take you to get your BSCI, BCMSN, and finally TSHOOT?
  • Options
    416_guy wrote: »
    Great job man!

May I ask, do you have any routing or switching work experience? How long did it take you to get your BSCI, BCMSN, and finally TSHOOT?

I've been working on a medium sized network (80 switches) for about 4 years now, the last two have been migrating it from flat L2 design to a routed design, so I'd say I've learned quite a bit by blowing things up. When I started the CCNP track, I spent 2 months on the BSCI, a couple of months on the BCMSN and probably about a month on the TSHOOT...most time on the TSHOOT was labbing it up and trying to see in what ways I could break it. I don't use HSRP or EIGRP...so I studied those a little more than OSPF or STP.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    ccie2beccie2be Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing.
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    I know this is a CCNP forum, but I figured I'd follow up with my post that I did take and pass the Brocade BCNE. I'd say that the CCNP prepares you well for it. I used the free BCNE prep material from Brocade and did pay for the fast track learning as it was $99 and you got a free voucher for the $150 exam.