Options

Not hearing back from possible employment

2»

Comments

• Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    So they company got back to me with an offer letter! Pretty stoked about the job. However, the salary is just a couple thousand more than what I am making now and the location where the job is at is a bit more expensive than my current location.

I emailed back from the offer letter stating what the cost of living is from what I found. The hiring manager emailed back within 15 minutes asking to call him.

I called and we discussed this a little bit more, with him offering a couple thousand more than the offer letter, right at $45000, where I currently make $41400.

So he told me to take some time and think it over. What I want to do is get back to him with an compensation of about $46100, $5000 more than what I make now.

How does this sound, or will I push them away?

I think you have a good plan, and its reasonable. All they can say is no.

Let us know how it goes, and good luck!
  • Options
    ThePrimetimerThePrimetimer Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Went over the insurance and benefits and sent an email asking for $45000, and that was on Monday. Didn't hear anything till today at 3 pm, after leaving one email and a voice mail on both is work phone and cell phone. Yeah, little desperate, but I really want the job.

The initial face to face interview had me moving to Bozeman, about and hour and a half away from where I am now. However, he calls today saying that there is a client here in Billings that he was trying to work with his boss to have me stay here! That was very cool news.

Now I am waiting for him to get back to me with the updated offer letter we spoke of today. I am pretty sure that everything is going to plan and I think I have a new position as Consultant 1.

One word.....STOKED!!!!!
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done"
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Bring it home!
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Every reason to be stoked. You've done well man, congratulations!! Now ensure you make the best of the opportunity and learn everything the place has to offer.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Congrats ! Your hard efforts paid off! icon_cheers.gif I agree with Essendon, learn all you can! In two years you will feel like an experienced professional and all will come your way icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Well, he never got back to me yesterday afternoon like he said he would and have heard no word from him today. I gotta tell you, it's nerve racking to have a company tell you that they are gonna get in touch with you about your offer letter and then not hear any type of communication. I really wanted to call, but I held back cause of how he sounded on the phone yesterday.

I know that I have the job, I just wanna get the ball rolling. I haven't even put in my two week notice at my current job, which is gonna be a little hard as I really enjoy the people I work with. It's gonna be bad to cause there are some projects that are coming up that I was meant to be a part of, which I will not be missing. However, I will not walk away from this job until I have a firm offer in had and signed.

I'm gonna cross my fingers and pray that tomorrow is the day that everything comes together.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done"
  • Options
    toshinden5toshinden5 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, he never got back to me yesterday afternoon like he said he would and have heard no word from him today. I gotta tell you, it's nerve racking to have a company tell you that they are gonna get in touch with you about your offer letter and then not hear any type of communication. I really wanted to call, but I held back cause of how he sounded on the phone yesterday.

I know that I have the job, I just wanna get the ball rolling. I haven't even put in my two week notice at my current job, which is gonna be a little hard as I really enjoy the people I work with. It's gonna be bad to cause there are some projects that are coming up that I was meant to be a part of, which I will not be missing. However, I will not walk away from this job until I have a firm offer in had and signed.

I'm gonna cross my fingers and pray that tomorrow is the day that everything comes together.

Good luck man! I am kind of on the same boat. Actually just waiting for the offer letter, just took care of background check today.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668

Sounds like it all will, I know its nerve-wrecking. GL!
  • Options
    Well, today I called my new manager to get a status update on the job. He told me that he was preparing an offer letter and was going to send it to me this weekend. The only bad part is that I am gonna have to move as the client here in Billings will only need to be looked at once every 3 months. On the upside, he asked about the salary and I took the chance and asked for $47K a year and he came back instantly saying that was the highest he was probably gonna get me and that I could count on that figure.

Also told me that they are planning on sending me down to Atlanta for 3 weeks of training, which has me a little scared. I never traveled much and the biggest city that I've ever been in is 100K people. Never been to the big city. Nervous, but I think the excitement is gonna out weigh it.

Now to sit back and relax from the job searching and just downright celebrate!

Cheers
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Grats once again!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    toshinden5toshinden5 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!!! it must feel good!
  • Options
    toshinden5 wrote: »
    congrats!!! it must feel good!

The biggest feeling that comes out of all of this is relief. Relief that I know that the skills that I do have, have merit and mean something to somebody out there. Also, the relief that I can stop spending time searching for jobs. That means more time for family, WGU, and learning all that I can from this new employer.

The only thing currently on my mind is trying to find a place in Bozeman, and waiting for the final offer letter, which he said he would send this weekend, but nothing yet. It sounded like a sure thing on the phone, but I am the kind of guy that needs to see some sort of evidence before I can realize it's actually happening.

Thanks for all the congrats and to anyone new who reads this thread, just keeping trying for those new jobs. They are bound to come up, as I think of myself as prime example (no pun intended) :)