Options

Enrolled at WGU!

Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
Yep, I finally decided to take the plunge and go ahead and go for my degree.

I already had about two years of college under my belt (no degree to show for it) and of course the certifications I already have. I looked into the program and found out that I can pay for almost the entire course with full PELL, I may only have to pay about $400 over the course of the next 12 months for classes, which is awesome.

On top of that, I had more transfer into the program than I thought would initally so I actually only have 35 credit hours to go to earn my degree, so I'll actually be done with this within the year!

Going for my degree in Networks Design and Management.

Did anyone else here do the same? How did you find the coursework in general?
-Michael Palmer
WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come

Comments

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    it depends on your background ... i found all the english very hard for me but the math some what easy... once you get your transcript evaluated youll see what exactly youll have to do.

make sure you group your classes in similar topics, it worked best for me ie all math at once all english at once ect ect
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    I actually got my finalized transfer evaluation, these are the list of classes that didn't transfer in from something else:

Finite Mathematics
    Literature, Arts, and the Humanities
    Literature, Arts, and the Humanities: Analysis and Interpretation
    Organizational Behavior
    Leadership Concepts and Applications
    IT Fundamentals I
    Web Programming
    Project Management
    Security I

They gave me credit for:

Configuring Applications Infrastructure and Enterprise Administration due to my MCITP: SA but I may end up releasing those to take them so I can test for my MCITP: EA.
    -Michael Palmer
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to WGU! :)
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Welcome to WGU too!
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    welcome, you'll love it
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You don't have to take Technical Writing, IT Portfolio, and the Capstone?
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    You don't have to take Technical Writing, IT Portfolio, and the Capstone?

That's just the classes that are able to receive transfer credit but didn't.

Everyone is required to take a small set of classes (TW, capstone, etc) regardless of credit transfer.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

On to VCAP!
  • Options
    I haven't seen the full class catalog just yet so I'm unsure of exactly what I need to take, but that was the classes that didn't have a transfer into them on the transfer evaluation.

Either way I think I can get at least most of it knocked out over the next year considering I work from home now, no commute to work means extra time to study.
    -Michael Palmer
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I haven't seen the full class catalog just yet so I'm unsure of exactly what I need to take, but that was the classes that didn't have a transfer into them on the transfer evaluation.

Why wait when you can get one right from their website now for free! And...oh did I forget to mention....IT'S FREE! (mimicking informercial icon_lol.gif)

I did the job for you. Here's the link you are looking for. So you should come back here again later and tell us how close you are from graduation. :D
  • Options
    Just did.

I've got a total of 14 "classes" to do, here they are in the order they show up on that link you gave me (btw, I had seen that, just didn't notice anything different from the transfer evaluation... though I did look at it before I saw the evaluation so that might be why, icon_wink.gif).

EWB1, WFV1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, BOV1, IWC1, LET1, ORC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.

So it turns into 54 credits, though to be fair three of those account for 21 by themselves (Capstone is 9 out of that). I still feel I can finish it in a year, year and a half tops.
    -Michael Palmer
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to WGU!
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just did.

I've got a total of 14 "classes" to do, here they are in the order they show up on that link you gave me (btw, I had seen that, just didn't notice anything different from the transfer evaluation... though I did look at it before I saw the evaluation so that might be why, icon_wink.gif).

EWB1, WFV1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, BOV1, IWC1, LET1, ORC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.

So it turns into 54 credits, though to be fair three of those account for 21 by themselves (Capstone is 9 out of that). I still feel I can finish it in a year, year and a half tops.

You could totally do those classes in a year. I would start with EWB1, WFV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1 (for month 1) and then GAC1 and HHT1 for month two. Two months and that's half your program right there. I did my first 12 CUs of my first term in 26 days.

You're gonna have a good time with WGU and you're in great company. Just try not to let life get in the way though (easier said than done, I know...but seriously, it can happen).

Best of luck and welcome! :)