Options

opinion about job offer

wass.aouadiwass.aouadi Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
I got an offer from an IT services company who is Microsoft Gold Partner and Cisco Learning Associate. My job role is to be mainly a Cisco engineer, along with other technologies (e.g Riverbed) and working on missions in Europe and Africa (outsourcing).
Frankly, I want to push my career towards Cisco/Juniper certs because that's where I feel most excited.icon_cheers.gif So I thought I had to go to a Cisco business partner, So that I can benefit from day-to-day experience on networking projects.
What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    sounds like an excellent opportunity for you to head in that direction. good luck with the new job!
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    yes that's what I thought first. But it's not a Cisco Premier/Silver partner. So I thought it won't benefit me much to get further certsicon_silent.gif, unless my thought is wrong, isn't it?
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    maybe you can help lead them in that direction.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    I haven't thought about it! thanks for bringing up this idea :)
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    I'm not sure about the levels of partnership with Cisco, but Partners experience is excellent ! you will be exposed to so many projects and setups in a relatively shorter time so go for it icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    LoMoLoMo Banned Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does it sound legit?
  • Options
    LoMo, I don't understand what you mean by your question. Could you explain why you asked it?
    The fact is I'm a network&voip administrator in a bank. But I'm 90% of the time stuck in Level1 tasks and office jobs. That's why I'm considering changing job.
    Thanks guys, your input is helpful.