Need help with a Practice Question

polevectorpolevector Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Basically here's the screen for it:

http://www.polevector.com/screen.jpg

Is the highlighted answer a correct one?

Comments

• capitanuionutcapitanuionut Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Honestly..something is wrong there...first i cannot see any interface labels to distinguish but as a rule...as they say in the explanation..

With standard access-lists the best practice is to place them as close to the destination as posibile since they filter only after the source destination address. It's logical because if you put this ACL far from the destination other packets will also be blocked.

In this case i'd put it on the outbound of the RouterB Lan interface as you need to block access to this network.In my opinion none of the answers is corect.
  • polevectorpolevector Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Honestly..something is wrong there...first i cannot see any interface labels to distinguish but as a rule...as they say in the explanation..

With standard access-lists the best practice is to place them as close to the destination as posibile since they filter only after the source destination address. It's logical because if you put this ACL far from the destination other packets will also be blocked.

In this case i'd put it on the outbound of the RouterB Lan interface as you need to block access to this network.In my opinion none of the answers is corect.

Thanks! That totaly makes sense now, regarding the interface labels I thought it was done on purpose for us to destinguish where serial links go and where ethernet, but they could at least show the serial cord (the lighting looking one) between routers.

This examcram mesure up soft is a nightmare.