Options

Confidentiality agreements with recruiters?

lochmoighlochmoigh Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
Have any of you run into this before, I talked to a recruiter yesterday and they sent me that and a confidential employment app as well, seems odd to me only because it's the first one I have run into.
In fact I am working with around a dozen recruiters and none have even brought this up before.

Thoughts?
Currently Reading:
ICND2 Official Exam Guide
Second Edition Wendell Odom
CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802
31 days Before your CCNA Allan Johnson
Network Warrior: Everything you need to know that wasn't on the CCNA exam Gary A. Donahue

Looking for IT openings in East TN

Comments

• Options
    LoMoLoMo Banned Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Never encountered that before either.
  • Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    I too have never heard of such nonsense. Is there any wording behind it or does it just say "Confidential Employment Application" on the paper?
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I worked with a recruiter that made me sign an agreement when I first met with them, basically a non-compete agreement, NDA, and some other junk like that.

This really worried me when I began working with a second recruiting company. After speaking with several others, I decided to ignore it. I was never received a paycheck (they lined up 1 interview in 3 months) so I don't consider that I was an employee of yours. I think of it more as something to get out of the way early in the process so that when a company is found it doesn't have to be delt with then.

I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to or not. Maybe it's the same recruiter I spoke with?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Internal data resources is the recruiter.
    Currently Reading:
    Network Warrior: Everything you need to know that wasn't on the CCNA exam Gary A. Donahue

• Options
    LoMoLoMo Banned Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would ask them about it.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Lot's of recruiters do that to keep you from A: Jumping ship to the next recruiter recruiting for the same job and B: Circumventing the recruiters and going straight to the employer. It is pretty common but I would like sure that you get the terms and READ them.
  • Options
    I have it protects all their interests and none of mine. That is why I want to talk to them about what this entails. I have seen jobs posted by several recruiters I am with and dont want to be in a **** match,

DM
    Currently Reading:

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    lochmoigh wrote: »
    I have it protects all their interests and none of mine. That is why I want to talk to them about what this entails. I have seen jobs posted by several recruiters I am with and dont want to be in a **** match,

DM

That's one way of looking at it. In the one I signed it included not calling my employer asking about me looking for a job and a few other things so it isn't completely 1 sided.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□

DM

I read mine very carefully before signing it. A friend had personally introduced me to these people so I was confident that they weren't intending to completely screw me over. At that time I just needed to get into IT so I don't regret signing. Now with some experience, a degree, and quite the few more certs I would play the game a lot more before agreeing to anything.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Have any of you run into this before, I talked to a recruiter yesterday and they sent me that and a confidential employment app as well, seems odd to me only because it's the first one I have run into.
    In fact I am working with around a dozen recruiters and none have even brought this up before.

Thoughts?
    I've run into that many times. Also exclusivity agreements. Basically a major company is expanding or doing some new project, the recruiting company asks I sign a document that I agree not to be represented by another agency.

I look over what they want me to be confidential about. If I might be exposed to a company's sensitive info, then I'll have no problems signing a confidentiality agreement and honoring it too. If its they just want me to keep on the lowdown, then, nah.