Options

Passed: 70-680

LAN_GuruLAN_Guru Member Posts: 119
I disappeared off here for a couple of days to focus on studying. Passed 70-680 this afternoon. First take. 1000/1000. 50 questions, 135 minutes allowed. I completed the exam in under 30 minutes. One hell of an exam though. Microsoft workstation OS exams are always hard with lots of material covered. NT 4.0 Workstation and XP exams were no exception.

Preparation resources used:

MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): Configuring Microsoft® Windows 7 (errors, flipped answers, wrong answers, and all)

Exam simulator that came with the book and Transcender

Reading: approx. 39-41 hours
Labs: approx. 8-9
Exam simulation hours: 3
Total prep time: approx. 50-53 hours

Next up: 70-640 on Tuesday, 7/26.
9/1 - Citrix A18 :study:
9/20 - Citrix A19, 10/4 - Citrix A24, 10/18 - Citrix A08, 11/1 - Citrix A15, 11/17 - Cisco 640-802, 12/1 - Cisco 642-813, 12/15 - Cisco 642-902, 12/30 - Cisco 642-832

Comments

• Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well Congrats

Guess you smashed it in to pieces icon_cheers.gif
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    That is incredible. Congratulations. Have you used many of these technologies in your day to day work?
  • Options
    jyrki.arpiainenjyrki.arpiainen Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LAN_Guru wrote: »
    I disappeared off here for a couple of days to focus on studying. Passed 70-680 this afternoon. First take. 1000/1000. 50 questions, 135 minutes allowed. I completed the exam in under 30 minutes. One hell of an exam though. Microsoft workstation OS exams are always hard with lots of material covered. NT 4.0 Workstation and XP exams were no exception.

Hooray! icon_cheers.gif

I spend months with each exam and never ever get near to 1000.
    Best score so far is approx. 875 or something.. . there's always those trick questions that i miss so even if i know topic really well i still manage to answer incorrectly few times. icon_rolleyes.gif

And i always use all the time that there is given. Used all time even with those 240 min exams that there were in MCSE path.

First round to answer Q's with small amount of text, marking up for review rest of them and at the second round i answer longer questions...
    When all questions are answered i use rest of the time to check my answers and making changes if i spot something that's incorrect.

Well, i guess that i ain't one of those GURU's out there.. . more like average guy with an obsession to get IT-career running. :D
  • Options
    LAN_GuruLAN_Guru Member Posts: 119
    Dr IT wrote: »
    Well Congrats
    Guess you smashed it in to pieces

Thanks!
    Congrats!!

Thanks!
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Congrats on your pass!

Thanks!
    That is incredible. Congratulations. Have you used many of these technologies in your day to day work?

Thank you. I have been using/supporting Windows 7 since it was released but have not been exposed to a lot of the enterprise deployment, support, and administration technologies before.
    Hooray!

I spend months with each exam and never ever get near to 1000.
    Best score so far is approx. 875 or something.. . there's always those trick questions that i miss so even if i know topic really well i still manage to answer incorrectly few times.

And i always use all the time that there is given. Used all time even with those 240 min exams that there were in MCSE path.

First round to answer Q's with small amount of text, marking up for review rest of them and at the second round i answer longer questions...
    When all questions are answered i use rest of the time to check my answers and making changes if i spot something that's incorrect.

Well, i guess that i ain't one of those GURU's out there.. . more like average guy with an obsession to get IT-career running.

Studies show that your first guess is usually the correct one. People who go back and second-guess themselves usually score lower than if they had left their original answers. It sounds like you spend a lot of time to thoroughly prepare for exams. Trust yourself.

I have 17 years of real-world experience. It would be extremely sad if I couldn't score higher than someone just getting started.

Don't beat yourself up...you'll get there. Just stick with it...

Thanks for the acknowlegements everyone, I truly appreciate it.
    9/1 - Citrix A18 :study:
    9/20 - Citrix A19, 10/4 - Citrix A24, 10/18 - Citrix A08, 11/1 - Citrix A15, 11/17 - Cisco 640-802, 12/1 - Cisco 642-813, 12/15 - Cisco 642-902, 12/30 - Cisco 642-832