Pinging a Wireless Router

Bolton07Bolton07 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is it possible to ping a wireless router if everything is setup right?

I am doing a packet tracer activity. It says i am 100% complete.

I am able to ping from One PC in one VLAN to another PC in another VLAN. But when trying to ping a wirelss router from a PC in the same VLAN the ping is unscuccesful

Can anybody help please?

Comments

• xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I've never used packet tracer, so what kind of wireless router is this exactly?

Since it says you're 100%, it may just be a limitation of the simulator. If the activity doesn't tell you to ping the wireless router, it may not be written to support it.

In real life, though, you can. Unless you specifically told it to drop those packets.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Bolton07Bolton07 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is a Linksys WRT300N wireless router.

And it is part of the activty to ping the Wireless router from the PC in the same VLAN.

So I am not sure why the ping isn't working when I have 100%

The Wireless router has an IP address under Internet interface and LAN interface. Neither of these work when pinging it
  • MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    It should normally be possible to ping the linksys if everything is set-up correctly. Is the lab from the official networking academy ?, if yes perhaps you could give the lab number. So those who have it too might be able to give better feedback.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • Bolton07Bolton07 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Think it probably is.

Here the is the lab number for the paclet tracer activity -

d3_3.5.3.3_Configuring Wireless and Voice VLANs.pka