Is this a good indication that I'm ready for the exam?

D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
Congratulations! You scored 50%

Thank you for taking advantage of our Certification Readiness Tool. Based on the answers you provided, your score is 50%. Those who achieve scores of 40% or more are considered good candidates to successfully pass the exams required for MCDST certification.

When you sign up now for an MCDST certification exam you'll get two FREE practice texts. These tests simulate the actual certification exam experience and are free of charge before May 31, 2005.

Again, we congratulate you on your impressive score and all your hard work. Now it's time to take it to the next level and become an MCDST, where you'll reap the many benefits that certification can bring to your career.

I am also going to study for another week or two with the MS press books and use my Transcender's, do you think this is enough?

Thinking of taking it this weekend or next week, Exam 70-271 icon_lol.gif

D-boy

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Probably. If you've been working with XP for a while, the test shouldn't that difficult. I would it's like a cross of 210 and 215, but not as deep, using XP instead of 2000. I used the free e-learning clinic from M$, never really had any practice exams to work with though, but the test is typical of M$. They try to confuse you with the wording, but if you pick out the obvious, you should be all set. :)
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Thanks for the advice Ricka182, I have been using XP for about a year or more... icon_lol.gif

If I fail I can always use the free retake! icon_wink.gif
    Like I mentioed in a previous post, look out for similar questions. I had 6 questions that were very close, even using the same exhibit. Take advatage of the time they give you, I marked anything I wasn't 100% positive about, and went back. I left the test room after 90 minutes or so.
    Thanks for the tip, do you mean Similar to the test questions in the MS press book?

Booked my exam for:

Sat, 23 Apr 2005
    Start Time: 8:00 AM
    New Horizons Computer Learning Center, USA 070-271: Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System

I may bring it forward to this weekend if I feel ready enough...

D-boy
    Also I'm trying to find a picture of what the MCDST certificate looks like the charter one & the regular one...... if there's a difference...

D-boy
    I meant similar in that, a few questions seemed to be asking almost the same thing. As far as the certificate, I don't have it yet. I did request the welcome kit, but a only a couple days ago. I don't think I made the Charter club, there were over 4000 MCDSTs certified in February. I would think the certificate, either way, is similar to the MCP certificate, just with different words. I'll let you know when I get it.
    Thanks for your advice! I hope I'm ready this weekend wanna get it over and out the way with...... icon_lol.gif
  • JerzJerz Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've got the charter one and believe me... you are not missing anything. The MCP card looks much more official and the MCDST certificate itself looks kind of cheap.

So, I wouldn't concern yourself with it.. it's all hype.

Cheers,

Jerz
    icon_lol.gif re-booked my exam for tomorrow, 4/16/2005! I will post and let everyone know how I did.... or didn't do icon_redface.gif either way!
    good luck, you'll get it done!